Game reccomendations for a Wii

zmurphy

Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
Hello everybody, i am new to this forum and it is really nice to see a good gaming section.

I was lucky enough to pick up a Wii the other morning at Costco. I would like to get some good reccomendations for games for 35yrs old and a 4&6 yr old boys also. Or a good website that has game reccomendations (from users not critics)

It came w/ Wii Sports & Big Brain Academy. I noticed they have alot of Mario games now too.

I am interested in pretty much any type of game. For the kids, they would probably like anything that they can play and have fun with.

thanks

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is a fun game too.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Last edited:
Welcome zmurphy!

For everyone:
Super Mario Galaxy
Elebits
Excite Truck
Rayman Ravin Rabbids 1 and/or 2

For the kids:
Wii Play - it comes with a Wii remote
Carnival Games
Link's Crossbow Training

For you:
Resident Evil 4Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Trauma Center: New Blood

Make sure you cross check with IGN, GameSpot, or 1up to check critic scores because there is a lot of trash out there right now.

Here is a link that lists all of the Wii games which IGN has reviewed:

Nintendo Wii

You can sort alphabetically and by score.

You can check metacritic: Movie Reviews, Music Reviews, TV Show Reviews, Game Reviews, Book Reviews - Metacritic.com

They aggregate scores from all the various review sites for games, movies and books.

I would look at Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Zack & Wiki and the zapper w/Link's Crossbow Training. Also check out Wii Play. It has mini games like Wii Sports and comes with a Wii Remote. That's just a few, the others mentioned in earlier posts are also good.

Wow thank for all the info. I did pick up the Link's Crossbow Training last night and the package from Costco included Big Brain Academy too. So we a few games to get us started, but i have a feeling i may go pick up Excite Truck or something similar before Christmas.

Thanks for all the help guys, Merry Christmas!

My kids didn't really care for Excite Truck. The sports games and Mario based games are what they really like, along with Carnival games.

Hello everybody, i am new to this forum and it is really nice to see a good gaming section.

I was lucky enough to pick up a Wii the other morning at Costco. I would like to get some good reccomendations for games for 35yrs old and a 4&6 yr old boys also. Or a good website that has game reccomendations (from users not critics)

It came w/ Wii Sports & Big Brain Academy. I noticed they have alot of Mario games now too.

I am interested in pretty much any type of game. For the kids, they would probably like anything that they can play and have fun with.

thanks

I got a Wii for the kids for Christmas, and it looks like I may end up playing it nearly as much as they will. I am 44 and my boys are 13, 9, and 4. So far we have all enjoyed Wii Sports (especially bowling), Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, and Rayman 2. That Rayman game is HILARIOUS!!!. I especially enjoyed the game where the rabids are in a movie theater talking on cellphones, and a big weight drops on them if they are still talking when the light comes on.

I rented Rayman's Rabbits II a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed the game. I was very happy to get the game for Christmas. I think that it's the best party game on the Wii.

I also got Star Trek:Conquest (I haven't started playing it yet), Guitar Hero III and Super Mario Galaxy.

The highlight of our Christmas party was Rayman and having four of us play Tennis.

Mario Strikers Charged is pretty sweet. I've never been a big fan of soccer games, but after hearing a few reviews I thought I should check it out. It's highly addictive and consumed a good chunk of my time when I got home from work everyday.

Some other fun ones I've picked up are Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Warioware: Smooth Moves, and Batallion Wars 2.

Yes, Mario Strikers charged is, in my opinion, the best on wii thus far. Have played this game many hours online. Also check out, Mario galaxy.

I rented Rayman's Rabbits II a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed the game. I was very happy to get the game for Christmas. I think that it's the best party game on the Wii.

I also got Star Trek:Conquest (I haven't started playing it yet), Guitar Hero III and Super Mario Galaxy.

The highlight of our Christmas party was Rayman and having four of us play Tennis.

when you do play star trek conquest - post a reply. I was looking at that one this weekend. Being a trek fan it looked interesting. I tried a trek game several years ago but was rather disappointed - it didn't live up to the games of that time.

I've heard good things about Rayman Rabbits. Got to try that one too. And the included game of bowling was pretty good - but I guess you have to have midwestern blood in ya for that one. :)

So Carnival Games is good? The reviews for it were aweful. Also, does the component cables make a big difference on HDTV's?

Carnival Games is a good buy for the money. If you enjoyed Wii Play (if you did you were probably in the minority) then Carnival Games is a good fit. My 5 year old enjoys it. In terms of your HDTV, component should make a noticable difference from the standard Wii composite cables.

Wii Games

I really enjoyed Mario Smooth Moves, It's a weird game where it makes do weird movements with Wii Remote but its a lot of fun, I can't stop playing it!!! :) Is the Resident Evil 4 Wii Version the same as the Gamecube Version?

I didn't enjoy Star Trek:Conquest at all. It's a very weak strategy game and got very boring very fast. I traded it (and Furu Furu Park) in for a deposit on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Wiki says this about Resident Evil 4:
'The Wii edition features the original graphics of the GameCube version, in-engine cutscenes (with the exception of the original PS2 version extras, costumes, and cutscenes) and supports both a 16:9 widescreen mode and 480p. However, the 16:9 widescreen mode is often debated as not being "true" widescreen, but rather just a cropped version of the GameCube's 4:3 letter-box.'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)