Gamer Arrested After Shooting Threat on Call of Duty 4

mwgiii

Gaming Guru & Pub Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Birmingham, AL
Cumberland Times reports that a Frostburg State University student has been taken into custody after an investigation confirmed that the 19-year-old gamer issued a threat of “shooting up the school” while playing Call of Duty 4. Shaw faces a maximum penalty of one year jail time and/or a fine of up to $5,000.

According to court records, Shaw was playing the game “Call for Duty 4” in the XBOX Live gaming system with players around the country when he allegedly stated the threat of “shooting up the school.” The statement reportedly contained a description from Shaw concerning “how he was going to do it.”

As the university community and the rest of the city pondered the frightening possibility of violence shattering the typical calm of the Mountain City, police working with Microsoft and Xbox Live tracked the Internet provider address to Shaw and his room at Annapolis Hall.

After Shaw was taken into custody, he reportedly told investigators that “he was joking and had no intention of following through with the threats,” according to the court documents.

Gamer Arrested After Shooting Threat on Call of Duty 4 - Xbox

wow, not sure what to say... but I know what I want to say is totally rude. Its the holiday so i'll spare too much.

What a jackass, I guess thats a lil too far on the trash talk

sorry couldn't finish it:

Wow, whatever happend to just cusing up a storm, screaming profane remarks to get "banned" and then come back with a greater dirtier mouth... these kids and there damn emo clicks.

On a realistic note, I knew a kid like this. We would play halp 2 all the time and everytime he would loss there would be an onslaught of depression speech spillingfrom his trap... It bothered me but I just reminded him that it is just a game... some people, not kids, but people need a reality check... seriously.

Whats even more crazy is that xbox live hears stuff like this? Or do you think he got caught because a bunch of people complained and they record everything? How does it all work. If a terrorist uses xbox live to communicate with his other terror friends is xbox live listening to everything?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts