Status
Not open for further replies.

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
They took the new 2720 and added XM, NavTraffic, and Weather, stocks to this unit.

Added FM transmitter as well as a line out/headphone jack.

So the unit will do weather forcasts as well as traffic delays as well as putting the weather on the driving maps

It will now bypass realtime traffic delays if possible

Cool unit!

Okm,

I've played with it for 2 days.

Here is the lowdown-

All audio has to go out one device, either fm or attached speaker (the one connected to the power connector).

This sounds great, except, if I want to navigate and get my voice prompts and NOT listen to XM, I am screwed. The radio does xm and voice prompts, so if I switch to say, a cd or regular fm or whatever, no voice prompts!

What they need is a way to select output for xm/mp3 and voice prompts SEPERATELY. Them the xm signal will go to to the fm transmitter and the voice would go to the speaker.

I'd always get voice prompts, and if I choose to listen to xm, all I do is tune its fm xmitter freq., otherwise I can tune other reg fm or cd or whatever.

As it is now, it takes quite a few steps to turn xm off, if you do not want to listen to it, but do want voice prompts. You would have to actually set volume, advanced, and click the xm radio icon 10 TIMES to mute its signal.

See where I am going with this?

Interesting.

I got a survey about my nüvi 350 and satellite radio was one of the features they asked me to concider.

If I could tune Sirius on the nüvi I think I'd do it.

As for your issue, let'em know! Garmin has been agressively patching the software on mine to get the bugs worked out.

This sounds like a pretty cool unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)