Gas will NEVER be more then $9.99 a gallon.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
i read on the web that half of the billion dollars we supply to iraq every month is to make sure that the iraqs hafl 5 cent a gallon gas, yep we controll and set the price.

They will keep jacking the prices up until we say " " NO MORE " " or get smart and move to affordable alternative energies. If we would have done this when the gas prices STARTED to go up (7 years ago) then we would not be in such a mess now. We would have some alternatives in which would have kept the gas prices in check. Because that did not happen we are not suffering with these higher gas prices as a result. I think they know what the limits are to the gas prices before alternative energies would pay off.

They will keep jacking the prices up until we say " " NO MORE " " or get smart and move to affordable alternative energies.

AFP: Saudis to increase oil production by half-million barrels: report

interesting article ... manipulate prices so that they reap maximum profit while at the same time ensure your product is not so expensive that alternatives to your product are viable ... looks like they will be stringing us along for quite some time yet ... :)

Saudi Arabia is planning to increase oil production next month by about a half-million barrels a day.

While they are reaping record profits, the Saudis are concerned that today's record prices might eventually dampen economic growth and lead to lower oil demand.

The current prices are also making alternative fuels more viable, threatening the long-term prospects of the oil-based economy.

I remember when gas was like $.79 cents per gallon and occasionally hit $1.00.

I remember when Gulf War I started, and I remember everyone creating a big stink that it was $1.25 to $1.50, and I think eventually it stabalized around $1.30 per gallon.

Then came 9/11 and I remember the gas stations raising prices right and left, remember getting gouged for $2.25 per gallon that day because of the gas scare.

And we are at $4.00 per gallon today, I'll be happy to see it at $3 again :)

I think the oil companies are gonna screw themselves the way the mortgage companies have. AFV sales will take off and people will innovate. People will start using natural gas vehicles, propane, etc., even electric. LionEV.com has cars with 180+ mile ranges on all electric such as modified Ford Rangers, etc. Don't doubt American ingenuity. Brazil got itself pretty much entirely weaned off of gasoline, we can do the same. The results will be tons of oil with no buyers. Stuff that up OPEC's craw!

Oil companies are starting to realize their claim to fame will run out soon.
Even in my community a lot of people are parking their cars and getting scooters and zumas for their errand running etc.

One day you will see oil companies with all this production and no one to sell it to.
Supply and demand will work against them instead of for them.

It is truely impressive how brazil is not oil dependent.

When gas went up to $1.75 to $2.00 per gallon I changed my driving habbits and do not go anywhere unless I really have to. Until gas gets back down to $1 to $1.25 per gallon that is the way it will be for me. If some alternative comes along making it that affordable again then maybe things will change. It is only a matter of time until things change as a result of these high gas prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)