Gatorade Duels

Yeah its like that commercial "I want my money and I want it Now".. We can start one for Dish that says "Dish I Want My NASCAR In HD And I Want It Now".. :)

I watched online using NASCAR's free TrackPass access, and other than the fact that it looked like I was watching a video game, it was quite good. The ability to listen to the various drivers' chatter was the best. Until DISH gets Speed HD, this might be the best option for hardcore NASCAR fans.

I had TrackPass hooked up to my TV and did a PIP.

F1 was SD last time I checked from Directv... I caught part of the 60 lap race last night from Directv(replay) looked very good...

F1 is SD, but its European SD. Which is a bit better than what we get here. Plus you have to take into consideration the amount of compression that is applied to Dish's ch150 Speed SD channel. Finally the F1 broadcasts are also in Widescreen which looks much better.

Dish customers have been able to get a taste of what F1 Widescreen looks like when the races have aired on FOX the past two seasons. The only trouble is that FOX has tended to air some of the least interesting tracks. I can't say that the French GP is too interesting. The British GP was great last year, but mostly due to rain.

I'd still like to see the races from Monaco, Monza, and such in HD. I have found that I can download the British broadcasts of the races on the internet and those are great. I just hope that the BBC does just as good of a job this year as ITV has done in the past.

well, we got the all-star racing coming up in 92 days on speed. so maybe we can watch it in HD by then. it really boggles my mind what the hold-up is on this since it looks like they have resolved their problems with Fox.

Well, its not just the All Star race. Doesn't speed air a lot of qualifying and practice sessions in HD also? Not to mention the truck series.

Actually the F1's I saw last year weren't WS... yes on the Nascar events being HD...

all four F1 races on fox last year were in widescreen 480p on Fox 29 Philly.

and the gatorade duels were the worst sd i have watched to date, it was like a bad recording on vhs in slp mode, i was so happy when it was over.i skipped through most of it ,blechhh!

all four F1 races on fox last year were in widescreen 480p on Fox 29 Philly.

and the gatorade duels were the worst sd i have watched to date, it was like a bad recording on vhs in slp mode, i was so happy when it was over.i skipped through most of it ,blechhh!

NHL Hockey is even worse believe me. Watch MSG network in SD and you will puke.

Well, its not just the All Star race. Doesn't speed air a lot of qualifying and practice sessions in HD also? Not to mention the truck series.

yes, they do. but i dont get to watch those much, so i kinda forgot about that. i do watch the truck races everynow and then when i get a chance. those guys put on a show.

Wow does Direct know how to market or what.....

I still obviously don't have Speed HD on Dish, so what does Direct do in addition to already having Speed HD?

They announce they are giving NASCAR Hotpass away for free to everyone in 2009.

Dish is sure making it hard to stay loyal, and Direct sure does know where to hit a guy when he is down:eek:

Will digital transition affect carriage agreements?

Upgrading to HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts