Genie 2 and using MoCA internet (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

N-Tence

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 17, 2018
Dayton Ohio
Hi all, I’m not sure if this is the correct place to ask but here we go.

I currently have DirecTv. (Genie 2 and 6 4K clients). Spectrum gig internet and an Netgear Orbi Mesh System.

I don’t really game but wanted to try Google Stadia. “Gaming service that doesn’t require a PC or gaming system” Complete streaming service. While I have complete WiFi coverage in the house, Stadia needs 5G or direct connection to internet to work smoothly.

My router, modem and genie 2 are all in the basement. I need a solid connection on the 2nd floor and after reading a little bit sounds like MoCA may be an option? I really don’t know anything other than what I’ve read. Anyone know if this works with a DirecTV setup? Any suggestion on what to buy if this is possible? Reading online the Genie 2 has MoCA 2.2?

Thanks,

N-Tence

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 17, 2018
Dayton Ohio
Hi all, I’m not sure if this is the correct place to ask but here we go.

I currently have DirecTv. (Genie 2 and 6 4K clients). Spectrum gig internet and an Netgear Orbi Mesh System.

I don’t really game but wanted to try Google Stadia. “Gaming service that doesn’t require a PC or gaming system” Complete streaming service. While I have complete WiFi coverage in the house, Stadia needs 5G or direct connection to internet to work smoothly.

My router, modem and genie 2 are all in the basement. I need a solid connection on the 2nd floor and after reading a little bit sounds like MoCA may be an option? I really don’t know anything other than what I’ve read. Anyone know if this works with a DirecTV setup? Any suggestion on what to buy if this is possible? Reading online the Genie 2 has MoCA 2.2?

Thanks,
I found this online but not sure if this might work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)