George Carlin Tribute

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spidey0115

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Joliet, Il
In the recent passing of comic genius George Carlin, HBO plans on airing 11 of his HBO stand-up specials on HBO2. My question is will dish network update the programing guides so we who want to can properly record the specials?

RIP George Carlin 1937-2008

Changes done to programing usually shows up just before program starts. Using DishPass with George Carlin should get you all the specials.

Update, just looked at schedule and several of the George Carlin specials already show for Wed, and more on Thurs. Both nights start at 8 pm edt.

It didn't show up in anyone's guide? I checked mine last night around 9:50pm (EDT) because a friend mentioned it and the guide showed the specials. I've got a 622 if that makes a difference.

You better change them, tonight goes to 2 am edt and tomorrow goes to 2:25 am.

Thanks...I didn't see end times listed anywhere, just assumed they were all one hours except for that second one which is scheduled for 2..

EDIT...Oh, I meant 6 hours, but still, thanks for the heads up. I would have been fine tonight, but would have lost the last 25 minutes tomorrow.

Watched the first two of the specials last night (from 1977 and 1978). A little duplication between the two shows, but they were both hilarious.

Plus, the opening part of both shows with the "HBO On Location" plane flying and van pulling out brought back memories. I actually remembered that when I saw it, guess I had seen some of the "on location" stuff from back then.

Carlin will go down in history...

..as a more important person in this period than Tim Russert. Yet if you watched cable news for the week following Russert's death and the non-stop Tim-a-thon you would have thought that the president had died. I am glad Carlin is getting at least a small bit of attention.

That is just my wee, humble opinion.

I have no idea why Russert was being treated as a VIP. I wish we could've got Carlin's opinion on it.

Russert was one of there own

I have no idea why Russert was being treated as a VIP. I wish we could've got Carlin's opinion on it.

Russert was corporate media. He pretended to be controversial but he was a corporate whore. That is why the press canonized him. He was part of the doting, palace courtiers that now masquerade as media in Washington these days.

Carlin, on the other hand, sized up the situation in politics, religion, and the media and told the truth. The media would much rather remember him as the cute Hippy Dippy Weatherman on Johnny Carson rather than what he evolved to be.

I liked George Carlin, but his outspoken views towards God makes me think they're probably not sharing the same company right now.

Any one willing to share?

I didn't find out about the tribute until after it was over. Did anyone manager to record all it and is willing to share. I would be more than happy to pay shipping, tape or dvd cost.
Let me know you can help me out.
Jay.
nplovernmi@hotmail.com

Does anyone know what the 3 shows are that haven't been on are? They have shown 11 specials, but it says that he did 14. Just curious about what to be looking for. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)