George Lucas just can't leave well enough alone

Oh brother. This really makes me not want to buy this. If not for the extras I wouldn't since I already have all them in HD.

Unfortunately, my only copies of 4-6 are on Laserdisc. I'll buy them and get to choose between pristine copies of a movie that has been f*ck'd over or poor quality copies of the real movie.

Still, I have to admit that these changes are pretty tame compared to what he has done previously. Lucas has a history of messing with these movies going all the way back to the first video releases (close the blast door/open the blast door)

I dont actually own these, only had em on VHS, so Ill buy.

I argued with so many fanboys over the years, but regardless of talent, there should be no question Lucas is a douchebag.

I dont actually own these, only had em on VHS, so Ill buy.

I argued with so many fanboys over the years, but regardless of talent, there should be no question Lucas is a douchebag.

He's a rich one though. ;)

Ijust wish they had made the "rumoured" 7,8 and 9 with the original cast..the prequels..S-U-C-k

I am with you and Lucas was going to do that instead of the prequels but Harrison Ford refused to do them.

juan said:
Ijust wish they had made the "rumoured" 7,8 and 9 with the original cast..the prequels..S-U-C-k

I disagree. The Timothy Zahn novels are some of the best sci fi out there. I'm not sure any movies could have live up to them in story and scope. The other novels are hit and miss, but there are plenty of good ones.

I wouldn't want the movies to destroy all that continuity and I don't think it would translate particularly well to film. Much too much detail that add to the texture and tone of the story.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So how would that go? The Star Wars was over in episode 6 because the original story outline was condensed 7,8,and 9 of more battles into a episode 6. So do we have a new war in the stars for Episode 7? Originally, Lucas was planning to do the series in order but his story was too much detail in the characters development and to sell the SciFi at the box office needed to get into the heat of the war fast. That was episode 4. Can't use that cast for episodes 1,2 and 3 because some of the main cast wasn't even born yet! duh! Marketing decision forced the story to be told from the middle, but you can't have actors playing their parents in a multi generational story line. I'm glad Lucas figured all this out. Watching a movie scripted by you would be silly, goofy at best.
I think most people who are all confused by the Star Wars story are so because they have never watched the story, in proper order one episode after the other, including Clone Wars. Either they watch movies in the order they were released or they skip around. It's too bad such a wonderful story was screwed up by marketing and budgets and business decisions, but now we have the opportunity for really following the multigenerational story of the battle between The Jedi Light side and the dark side of the force through the central character, Anakin Skywalker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)