Get free superdish or install dish500 myself?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ahanif

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
I've had int'ls at 61.5 for 3 years and now i want to get AT60.

I have my old dish 500 I can install myself
or
I think I can get a free superdish with a year committment. The superdish has the advantage of getting other int'l channels on 121.

As far as picture quality and reliability, which do u guys recommend?

The PQ and reliability for 110/119 should be the same.

If the old unit is Legacy, the decision should be obvious. :)

One note - you might want to wait until the DPP44 switch becomes available.

Does a 2700 qualify as legacy equipment ?

Also, how would the new switch you suggest waiting for help me?

Thx for the help - appreciate it since i'm still a bit of a newbie to the dbs world...

Yeah - 2700 is a legacy receiver. It's time to retire that puppy anyway, but I was referring to Legacy LNBFs as opposed to DishPro. What I meant was if you can get them to give you a DishPro SuperDish, take it.

The SuperDish is a 3-satellite setup. There is no DishPro 4x4 switch - yet. Should be very soon, but this is E* so who knows.

So, if you want to keep 61.5 while also having 110, 119, and 121 you're up to 4 birds, and no way to feed them to the receiver without a 4x4 switch - if the 2700 could handle it in the first place. I don't know if it can or not.

I guess part of the question is whether you need to keep 61.5, or if 121 is enough for you. Go here for some help in getting that part figured out.

thanks

Simon - thanks so much for your help...

I can get all of my 61.5 channels on 121, plus an extra one that is only on 121. So it sounds like SuperDish is the way to go with a 3x4 switch.

Any reason why a 2700 couldn't handle that? I assume picking up a new receiver is cheapest on ebay?...

ahanif said:
Simon - thanks so much for your help...

I can get all of my 61.5 channels on 121, plus an extra one that is only on 121. So it sounds like SuperDish is the way to go with a 3x4 switch.

Any reason why a 2700 couldn't handle that? I assume picking up a new receiver is cheapest on ebay?...
I never worked with a 2700, so I don't know.

You should check with Dish and see what kind of new receiver upgrade you can get with your SuperDish. If they aren't helpful, it doesn't hurt to tell them you're considering "defecting" to the competition. I've been told they have a 'retention' group that can play "Let's Make a Deal". :) :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)