Get out of contract for dropped locals

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Will Dish let you out of your contract when they drop your locals over a dispute and have no OTA dongles in stock.

Nope...their contract pretty much states Dish can add/remove anything they want, any time the want, for any reason.

Essentially this --> :ballchain

You might be able get some other credits or free/discounted movie channels as compensation, though, if you press the issue. You can get the new OTA tuner from Dish Depot if you are really hurting to get local(s) back.

I can tell you through my personal experience, that they new usb dongle for ota, is much better than the older usb dongle. I had two of the older dongles and they both worked poorly. I get a great picture without the constant black screens I used to get on certain ota channels and without the constant audio drop outs. I can't wait to get the ability for recording two ota channels at the same time via software in May.

$70? Is this for the gold-plated model? Why so expensive?

I guess Dish figures that the fact it is now (or "soon" will be) a dual-tuner makes it worth more than the original single-tuner model? Admittedly, DishDepot is $10 above Dish's MSRP from when they announced it earlier in the year, but I suppose that is their prerogative, being the sole source at the moment.

I can tell you through my personal experience, that they new usb dongle for ota, is much better than the older usb dongle. I had two of the older dongles and they both worked poorly. I get a great picture without the constant black screens I used to get on certain ota channels and without the constant audio drop outs. I can't wait to get the ability for recording two ota channels at the same time via software in May.

I agree. I can watch the new usb dongle on any of my joeys (including wireless) or Hopper 3 without cutting out and can also watch my recordings on the Hopper 3 or Joeys without any issues at all.

Will Dish let you out of your contract when they drop your locals over a dispute and have no OTA dongles in stock.

Probably not. However since Dish just started breaking out the locals charge from the rest of the package maybe you could argue it that way. But the locals part includes 4-5 channels and the blackout only loses 1 channel so even if Dish agreed to a credit it would probably be $2 per month.

Nope...their contract pretty much states Dish can add/remove anything they want, any time the want, for any reason.

Essentially this --> :ballchain

You might be able get some other credits or free/discounted movie channels as compensation, though, if you press the issue. You can get the new OTA tuner from Dish Depot if you are really hurting to get local(s) back.

How would you recommend setting up the OTA to allow the best signal possible without a cord going across my living room?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)