Gettign CBC out of Canada!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Man we have some Major tropo going on! So sense im getting CBC, and all of my surrounding locals in a 400 mile radius does this mean that dish has to provide them to me as significantly viewed :D

CBLN-TV Channel 40 London, ON

Im also having no problems getting Michigan stations from detroit and over in that neck of the woods. These are the stations i have digitally scanned in.

WOTV
WITI
WTWO (great PQ!) way better than WMAQ!
WCID
WFXW
WISH
WTHR
WFLI
WFYI
WIPB
WRTV (another great pq beats WLS )
WXYZ
wndu
WJSV
WINT

Yeah, I'm pulling in stuff from a LONG ways away today. Easily getting CBC as you are, too bad it won't stick around too long.

I know someone here will have it the page as I can't remember it, but there is a webpage out there showing the tropospheric conditions as they relate to TV signals.

Actually according to the tropo reports its going to stick around until Tuesday.
I see that the NAB is lobbying to keep tv free.

It should be for the very reason of emergency broadcast information if nothing else. I think they forget that there is millions of Americans who cannot afford pay TV.

I just did a rescan for any new channels appearing...No luck for me, but with basic rabit ears, did not expect miracles.

Canada is still analog in most cases.

A couple times I have picked up CKPR Thunder Bay (Channel 2) here in Minneapolis now that analog low band is shut off pretty much

A couple times I have picked up CKPR Thunder Bay (Channel 2) here in Minneapolis now that analog low band is shut off pretty much

The big city broadcasters have broadcast OTA digital for several years however. Thunder Bay is no metropolis. lol..

CBLN-TV Channel 40 London, ON

Im also having no problems getting Michigan stations from detroit and over in that neck of the woods. These are the stations i have digitally scanned in.

WOTV
WITI
WTWO (great PQ!) way better than WMAQ!
WCID
WFXW
WISH
WTHR
WFLI
WFYI
WIPB
WRTV (another great pq beats WLS )
WXYZ
wndu
WJSV
WINT

never thought that anyone could say that about WTWO as they was the station that put more money into it's commericals than it's picture quality...... maybe that means it will be good PQ on cable when we sign up in a few days...

I think Canada has a couple years left before the pull the switch to digital. Been keeping my eyes open for Canadian E skip or Tropo since June but can't raise any here. :(

I am too far south to get OTA, but it would be nice if we could get a couple of channels via sat. Of course, we are still waiting for some of the other basic channels that never seem to arrive.

never thought that anyone could say that about WTWO as they was the station that put more money into it's commericals than it's picture quality...... maybe that means it will be good PQ on cable when we sign up in a few days...

wtwo isn't running any sub channels, at least when I scanned it in, none scanned in, versus WMAQ which is running in full 1080I w/ 2 subs, NBC PLUS and NBC US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts