Getting 942 to connect Tuner 1 to 61.5 in addition to Superdish

sallgdon64

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 27, 2005
I have a Superdish with 3 sat output going to both tuners of a 942 (separate lines from a DP34). I added a 61.5 dish combined with a DP21 on the Tuner 1 line, and could get the Voom channels when that was the only sat connected. Now that I have the other 3 sats connected, the check switch runs fine and shows 4 sats OK on Tuner 1 and 3 sats OK on Tuner 2, but I can't get out of the check switch menu. The 'DONE" button is greyed out, and I get a pop-up that tells there is a switch problem and that if both Tuners are used, they must be connected to the same satellites. Is this really true?

Is there no way to have four sats on Tuner 1 and 3 sats on Tuner 2? All show green OK.

sallgdon64 said:
I get a pop-up that tells there is a switch problem and that if both Tuners are used, they must be connected to the same satellites. Is this really true?

Yes It's True.

The popup wouldn't lie ;)

Just get another DP21 to mix the 61.5 in with the second 942 feed and you'll be all set

I tried reasoning with it, but it just stares back at me, like it doesn't speak English or something.

Why has no one mentioned this here, with a million people doing this DP21 - DP34 hookup for the Voom channels??

sallgdon64 said:
I tried reasoning with it, but it just stares back at me, like it doesn't speak English or something.

Why has no one mentioned this here, with a million people doing this DP21 - DP34 hookup for the Voom channels??
It HAS been mentioned, MANY times. :cool:

The search button is your friend, as is this thread: [thread=69716]Index of Popular Dish Network Threads[/thread] which of course refers to THIS one: [thread=66374]Instructions for Adding the 61.5[/thread]

I didn't search to see if it worked on Fridays either. Were there any other random facts I forgot to explore?

Back to eBay...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts