Getting a new deal under wife.

rkmaldonado

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
I am at the end of my 18 month contract and currently have a VIP 211 and a Dish 322. I now have a second HDTV and would like to have a VIP 722 and a VIP 612. I also have 1 SDTV in my bedroom that would feed off of the VIP 722. I would like to take advantage of the DishStore promotion that is going on that would essentially pay for all the equipment and then some.

Has anyone had any luck canceling their service and then signing up through a wife or significant other to get a new deal? I wish I didn't have to go this route, but the purchasing and installation of 2 new boxes would be very costly.

I would appreciate anyones perspective.

I believe contracts are based off address not the name it's under. So I doubt using your wifes name would work.

Having said that I went through something similar and you can get the new subscriber deal it just takes some work and CSR roulette. The cost to retain you for a new contract length is less then what was spent to bring in the new customer and no extra work on their part. It takes some threats and having the CSR bump you up the food chain at least one level but you can do it.

Dave

I did exactly what you are talking about. I believe the key is the phone #. Before you cancel your service, call dish and have them change the phone number on your account to your cell phone (that is what I did). Then, cancel your account. Sign up with your wife's info, and give them your home phone #.....worked like a charm for me.

DishStore reply

I contacted DishStore and they said that E* would audit the account and find out I was an existing customer.

E* bases it new promo's on 3 factors.. Address.. Last Name.. And phone number. Any two of them change and it open you up as a new customer.. Phone number is easy to change. Address and last name are not as easy.. Address can sometimes be spoofed by adding things like an "A" to the end of it. I am not recommending this.. Just letting you in on how it works. So far this system has worked pretty good. But it is not unbeatable.

I believe contracts are based off address not the name it's under. So I doubt using your wifes name would work.

Having said that I went through something similar and you can get the new subscriber deal it just takes some work and CSR roulette. The cost to retain you for a new contract length is less then what was spent to bring in the new customer and no extra work on their part. It takes some threats and having the CSR bump you up the food chain at least one level but you can do it.

Dave

Read this again.

Dave

If it's based of address, how do they deleniate between different owners? What happens if you move out of your house a cancel your service? Is the new owner not elgible for new subscriber deals?

Doesn't sound right to me. . .

Good to know there are so many honest people out there looking to defraud Dish. Thanks as those costs are passed along to all of us.

Just amazing...

Good to know there are so many honest people out there looking to defraud Dish. Thanks as those costs are passed along to all of us.

Just amazing...
yeah, cause you don't like better deals

yeah, cause you don't like better deals

Why stop at stealing equipment? Why not get some hacked cards and steal the service too?

Lying and scamming to save a few bucks on TV seems...well...really pitiful.

Why stop at stealing equipment? Why not get some hacked cards and steal the service too?

Lying and scamming to save a few bucks on TV seems...well...really pitiful.

hmm... moral indignation is yummy in the morning!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)