Getting bad reception from Dish's OTA antenna. Any suggestions?

When they installed one for my parents, it was the Televes DiNova Boss Mix antenna.
Yeah, that was a good one and I for one was surprised they sprung for such an expensive antenna.
I called DISHTV today because I'm out of contract and was offered an OTA with free installation + a few other perk$.
Did they mention whether they were going to give you an outdoor antenna, or a crappy indoor one? The latter is all I've heard about on Satelliteguys for years already.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah, that was a good one and I for one was surprised they sprung for such an expensive antenna.

Did they mention whether they were going to give you an outdoor antenna, or a crappy indoor one? The latter is all I've heard about on Satelliteguys for years already.
He said it was outdoor and will be installed on my roof.

He said it was outdoor and will be installed on my roof.
I used to have a dual dongled attached by USB and two of my stations were giving erratic reception.

I have a HD Homerun quad tuner attached to my network.

I no longer have a problem with those two stations.

I use Channels DVR for my local recording and us a Nvidia shield as my client device client

Reactions: comfortably_numb
When they installed one for my parents, it was the Televes DiNova Boss Mix antenna. It's a good quality product. Not shabby at all.
That is the exact one they installed today. Seems to be working OK. I'll keep Dish Locals for a couple of weeks before dropping them to make sure the Televes is providing dependable VHF/UHF reception.

He attached it to the Dish pole. I watched him and never saw any type of calibrating device, just eyeballed the direction. Is there an app that could be used to maybe help with proper direction or is it normal to just eyeball it?

He attached it to the Dish pole. I watched him and never saw any type of calibrating device, just eyeballed the direction. Is there an app that could be used to maybe help with proper direction or is it normal to just eyeball it?
It depends on the specific location. For example, all of my locals are in one direction and within ~20 miles. Eyeball it.

You can go to antennaweb.org and put in your address to see where the broadcasting towers are and give you an aiming direction. You can eyeball it or use a compass for aiming. Hook it to the TV/receiver and scan for channels. If you get the channels you expect with no breakup, great, you're done. If you experience breakup or dropouts, either immediately or later, you might need to make adjustments.

It depends on the specific location. For example, all of my locals are in one direction and within ~20 miles. Eyeball it.

You can go to antennaweb.org and put in your address to see where the broadcasting towers are and give you an aiming direction. You can eyeball it or use a compass for aiming. Hook it to the TV/receiver and scan for channels. If you get the channels you expect with no breakup, great, you're done. If you experience breakup or dropouts, either immediately or later, you might need to make adjustments.
Most are 40-50+ miles away. I'll check that site, Thank-U.

That is the exact one they installed today. Seems to be working OK. I'll keep Dish Locals for a couple of weeks before dropping them to make sure the Televes is providing dependable VHF/UHF reception.

I downloaded a DIGITAL Tv Antennas app on my phone that lets you enter your location and you can see all the affiliates and what direction and it has a built in compass so when you hit the tower the green arrow buzzes and turns green. You can use either I-phone or android. I bought on Amazon and installed the Televes Dinova boss uhf/vhf ota antenna at my house a few months back and I used the compass to lock in on the signals of all my locals and even can get near by Lake Charles ,which is 65 miles from us. This antenna works well if you follow the installation instructions and do it like they say. I get every channel in our area and sub channels and even some I don't want . I installed same antenna at my parents on their old satellite pole on the roof and they get all the same channels I do.

You actually trust Amazon reviews?!?! Do you realize how many fake reviews there are on Amazon??? I don't know if this antenna is good or not but I'd still hesitate to trust any reviews on Amazon.

Well now that I've actually owned the antenna, I can say it is a good model. The only reason why I don't still have it is because it got struck by lightning.