getting blacked out on mlb games that i should receive

bela_blasko2006

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Bartlesville, OK
According to the MLB site-NE Oklahoma (Tulsa area) is being claimed by the KS Royals. Games should show on Fox MW or a Alt channel if the Cardinals are playing at the same time-so far i have been blacked out on every game this season and am getting blacked out on out of market mlb package as well. Any advice on how i can get this resolved? I do have the sports pack which gets me Fox MW. I also receive the Rangers and Astros games.
Jeff

I just moved from the Washington, DC area to Columbus, Ohio.

Today the Capitals were blacked out on Vs., along with the Reds on FSN Ohio and the Indians on Sportstime Ohio.

I called Dish Network and they treated me like a child.

Could it actually be that MLB is blacking us all out for our local teams?

from what i have read on here its dish network blocking the games email ceo @ Echostar . com i would start my complaint there

I wrote to FSN Midwest (Kansas City), and got them to contact E*. My blackout issues were resolved in a few days (I am supposed to be getting all of the KC games this year). E* has had problems updating their blackout zip codes for the last few years. Just keep writing to FSN, and include your zip code with the last four numbers attached.

It is not just a case of games being blacked out, it is whether or not you have the channel you need in order to get the non-blacked out game. For example: In my area, Pittsburgh should not be blacked out, but only from FSN-Pittsburgh. Since I do not get that FSN, all the Pittsburgh games are blacked out for me on all the ESPN's channels and alternate channels when the game is carried on the Pittsburgh one. Yes, I am supposed to able to view it, but only on the channel deemed to be local for me, the games are blacked out and will not be unblacked (if this is a word) because I do not get the local channel. This is true even if Dish does not carry the channel at all.

It took me about two hours on the phone. I was speaking to several different agents in all sorts of departments. They all gave me the same old spiel about blackouts and how they may be in effect because one team or another asked for it, one network or another bought out the rights to show a game, etc.

Finally, it was a guy from the account department that had the solution, he "sent a hit" to my receiver, and, lo and behold, it worked.

Here's what you do:
1. Call dish network
2. Ask them to "send a hit" to your receiver

Good luck.

--Jon

Sending a hit to your reciever will only work if the corrections have been made to the progamming you are supposed to recieve. You have to convince Dish that you aren't supposed to be blacked out first.

It is not just a case of games being blacked out, it is whether or not you have the channel you need in order to get the non-blacked out game. For example: In my area, Pittsburgh should not be blacked out, but only from FSN-Pittsburgh. Since I do not get that FSN, all the Pittsburgh games are blacked out for me on all the ESPN's channels and alternate channels when the game is carried on the Pittsburgh one. Yes, I am supposed to able to view it, but only on the channel deemed to be local for me, the games are blacked out and will not be unblacked (if this is a word) because I do not get the local channel. This is true even if Dish does not carry the channel at all.

ok the RSN for your area and the team territory you live in are not related..sounds strange ...In some cases, MLB teams have large territories.. However the RSN that carries those games may not reach your area.
For example. I live in the territoies of 4 MLB teams....ATL, WAS, BAL and CIN...MY local RSN's are FOXSS, Sports South( formerly Turner South) and MASN....Here we get to see all of the games available on those(ATL ,WAS and BAL) RSN's..Additonally, when the Reds are on Fox Sports CIN those games are shown here as well.
I have read comments from others on here who reside in the midwest about missing Cards and Royals games. Is it possibel that you live outside the market of the RSN and don't know it. Or is it possible you are outside the territory of the team (s) and are unaware.....here's a list of zips and the repsetive teams that claim the zips as prt of their terretories for the MO, KS, IL areas.

610-612 Bulls Blackhawks White Sox Cubs Cardinals Brewers
613 Bulls Blackhawks White Sox Cubs Cardinals
614 Bulls Pacers Blackhawks White Sox Cubs Cardinals Brewers
615-617 Bulls Pacers Blackhawks White Sox Cubs Cardinals
618-619 Pacers Blackhawks Blues White Sox Cubs Cardinals
620-622 Pacers Blues Cardinals
623 Bulls Pacers Blues White Sox Cubs Cardinals
624 Bulls Pacers Blues Cardinals
625-627 Bulls Pacers Blues White Sox Cubs Cardinals
628-629 Pacers Blues Cardinals
630-633 Blues Cardinals
634-635 Blues Cardinals Royals
636 Blues Cardinals
637-639 Blues Cardinals Royals
640-647 Blues Royals
648-659 Blues Cardinals Royals
660-662 Nuggets Blues Royals
664-666 Nuggets Avalanche Royals
667 Nuggets Avalanche Cardinals Royals
668-692 Nuggets Avalanche Royals
693 Nuggets Avalanche Royals Rockies
700-714 Rockets Stars Astros TX Rangers
715-749 Mavericks Stars Cardinals Royals Astros TX Rangers

like i stated in the previous post-mlb says 74003 (oklahoma) is being claimed by the Royals, Cards, Rangers and Astros. I am able to get all of the other teams eith on the regular fox channels OR a alternate (like if the Rangers and Houston are playing at the same time). My guide says the Royals are playing on Fox MW or a Alternate but i have been blacked out every time. I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com 5 days ago and have not received a answer. On MLB.com i can't get the games because i am blacked out and then i get the black out on the dish-they can't have it both ways!
Jeff

like i stated in the previous post-mlb says 74003 (oklahoma) is being claimed by the Royals, Cards, Rangers and Astros. I am able to get all of the other teams eith on the regular fox channels OR a alternate (like if the Rangers and Houston are playing at the same time). My guide says the Royals are playing on Fox MW or a Alternate but i have been blacked out every time. I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com 5 days ago and have not received a answer. On MLB.com i can't get the games because i am blacked out and then i get the black out on the dish-they can't have it both ways!
Jeff

Bela,

That ceo address did nothing for me, either. Not even a canned response. The Dish CSR's are trained to be complete jackasses regarding blackouts, because they think the customer is always trying to get something they're not entitled to.

My advice: CALL Fox Sports directly and get them to transfer you to someone in the customer service department (You may have to call Fox in CA, and then have them get you to the Kansas City office). Either way, once you explain what's going on, they will have to call Dish and tell them to update their database to allow your Zip code.

It's frustrating, (I know!) but the key is getting your RSN to deal with Dish. After my hours on the phone with Dish I was ready to jump out a friggin' window :mad:

Looking back, banging my head against the wall probably would have accomplished just as much as Dish CSRs did...

Dish does not have an out of market MLB package, so you should be blacked out for these games. As far as what Dish considers your local RSN. Click the link below, type your address and see what your local RSN is. If FSN MW is listed, then you should get the games.

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do

Yes, should being the key word. I did that and it showed NESN and SNY...Dish then proceeded to black me out of both!

What Dish considers your local RSN is horsesh*t. Check MLB.tv and see what THEY would black you out on...those will be the teams MLB considers local to you. If the Royals are in there, then you've got to start calling Fox so that they can give Dish a little "nudge" to get your account right ;)

I called Fox MW today and they informed me ALL of Oklahoma is being blacked out on the Royals games on ALL providers-Dish, Direct, Cable etc. They said baseball is aware of the problem and they hope to have it resolved "soon"

yes the package has changed-the Royals TV Network is gone and now games are on Fox MW-which i get with the sports pack and get the Cardinals games (who are 5 hours away from me) but NO Royals games who are only 3 hours from me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts