Getting Connectors on coax easier?

mikemorin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Southern Indiana
hello just curious if anyone has websites or a tool for getting the ppc connectors on easier than twisting and pushing the connector or cable. Surely they make a tool to push the fitting onto the coax easy?

Thanks
Mike

I think the OP is asking about getting the connector onto the cable, the step that comes before the crimping part. In that case, I wonder if he is aware that there are larger cable ends that are designed for "Quad Shielded" cable. If you use the smaller ones for RG-59 or regular RG-6 (not quad sheild) they are tight and very hard to get on.

They make a little tool called a Bo-Dicky or something like that.. It was supposed to wallow out the cable to make it easier to fit in there.. Needless to say, Mine is lost somewhere in my truck.. It never delivered on it's promise.. The key is the right kind of connector for the cable you are using.. Plain and simple.. RG-6 is not just one kind of cable. There are many types.

I use Compression style connectors & have no problem attaching. But the connectors don't swivel very good when attaching & removing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)