Getting Dish Friday - Installation?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nickc71

Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
I ordered Dish Network after being a life-long cable user (got sick of TW)... But I ordered it through a deal with ATT.

Are the installers cool? I live in an apartment and they say I can have it installed on the roof as others do (I dont want it on my balcony). Which basically means draping it up the raingutter which is right outside my balcony up to the roof...

Is there anything that they can do to make the cable go through a wall - or does it usually just drape along the floorboard until it gets outside...

Should I call them in advance to let them know? I've experienced a lot of lazy cable guys...

Sorry for all these questions - just new to this..

Oh one more!! When they come will they have different color cables - (i.e. black, white or brown) - or just brown?

Thanks all...

I live in an apartment and they say I can have it installed on the roof as others do (I dont want it on my balcony).
Don't expect the installer to take your word for it even if other dishes are already up there. Have a letter from the apt management available for him/her. If the management is on-site, the installer can see them in person too.
Is there anything that they can do to make the cable go through a wall - or does it usually just drape along the floorboard until it gets outside...
It all depends where the dish is mounted relative to where the cabling *can* be run and where your TV is.

I ordered Dish Network after being a life-long cable user (got sick of TW)... But I ordered it through a deal with ATT.

Are the installers cool? I live in an apartment and they say I can have it installed on the roof as others do (I dont want it on my balcony). Which basically means draping it up the raingutter which is right outside my balcony up to the roof...

Should I call them in advance to let them know? I've experienced a lot of lazy cable guys...

Sorry for all these questions - just new to this..

Oh one more!! When they come will they have different color cables - (i.e. black, white or brown) - or just brown?

Thanks all...
go to your management office and obtain copiesof rules regarding placement of dishes and wiring....Have this ready for the tech. Remember the tech is bound by the rules of the complex.

Thanks everyone - I had my mgt. give me a copy of the rules and will make sure to give it to them when they come...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts