Getting Dish installed tomorrow. Will this work?

PeckW

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
I've previously been a happy Dish customer, but my employer basically offered another service at no cost. I 'm retired now and want to return to Dish. The treeline behind me which gave a view to the western arc, has grown to the point I no longer have visibility. This is a view of the eastern arc at 72.7 and 61.5. I've already gotten permission to take the limb off the tree that is directly between this spot and the 72.7 satellite. Will a dish placed at this spot work?

Thanks in advance,

Peck

Attachments

• IMG_0239.PNG
    IMG_0239.PNG
    383 KB · Views: 246
That's tight, but as long as you see can clear sky you should be good. As the tree starts to bloom out the overhead branches will likely sag some more and may cause a blockage. You any good at tree climbing?

With that 1 limb gone it will work if the app is accurate. However imo I don't think it will be a long term solution given those upper branches will cause an issue later on as the tree grows and blooms out and the branches sag into your line of sight.

Reactions: TheKrell
This picture was taken at about chest height. I think i could lower the height to about belt level and it would alleviate the drooping branch problem, hopefully.

I've split the sats around a tree on several occasions at various campgrounds, usually it is the eastern arc. As said though, it does look like those upper branches could be a problem in the future. If you're located in snow country, that could also cause the branches to droop quite a bit at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)