Getting Dish next tues i have a quest..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sullic82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
I am getting dish network next tuesday. I was at sears the other day and they had a tv connected to dishnetwork and i was watching the speed channel and nfl network. I noticed that the picture was sort of pixilated and when the camera was moving the picture was slow to follow. I was wondering if that is how the picture is? But it was on a LCD tv and was running on a HD signal and i was wondering if that could of been the reason for the bad quality. How is the picture quality of dishnetwork?

Go back to Sears and have them put some HD programming up. You were watching a SD channel. If all they have is the 61.5 satellite they can bring up the Dish HD Demo channel.

but should sd picture be pixalated? or was it just the tv they use b/c i dont have an hd tv so will the picture be pixalated?

I have done sears service calls and Im not surprised at what you saw, tippicaly these systems will have upwards of 2,500 ft of coax running from 1 - 3 dishes going through 1 - 2 sw-64's and several sw-21's on an old legacy cascade to 4 - 7 receivers.

so will my picture be clear just like cable? Also is there a way to get the channels by genre? Like Direct TV? They have direct tv at Bestbuy and you can go to a meny that has different genres. Like sports or family? I couldnt find out how to do that at sears. I was wondering if you can get to a menu with different genres?

Yes the picture will be very clear on an sd tv. As said the dish is probably misaligned or too long a cable run etc. Push the left cursor button to bring up a themes menu.

ok thanks i will try and remember that next week. This is a dream i have always wanted satellite tv and i will finally get it on the 7th!!!!!!!!

The reason why it is "pixilated" is because of 2 reasons and it may not be the dish or the cable length.
1. The program was in SD.
2. The receiver and the TV are set to different resolutions. The receiver may be at 16:9 480p and the TV may be at 16:9 1081i. Both the receiver and the TV need to match resolutions other wise one or the other may be trying to play catch-up. It is best to set them both at 16:9 1080i as long as the TV will support it.

mbetts said:
I'm not sure the D* you see at Best Buy is actually D*. I think it may be a DVD.

Not sure about the rest of them but our Best Buy has a working DirecTV HD setup using an HR10. They have like.. every channel with a rating over "G" blocked for obvious reasons but it's there.

-Dan

Also, about the themes. If you want to you can make whatever sort of genre list you want using the "favorites lists". Just make your own lists called sports, movies, etc. and you can then customize them however you want. If there is a sports channels normally in the list that you always pass up anyway you can just remove it from your list. This can also be used to set up personalized lists for different viewers in the house and so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)