This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting HDTV Receiver thru SBC/DIsh Network

bikeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
Gibraltar Michigan
Hi

I have a few questions on HDTV.

Currently we are on the America's Everything Package with Dual Tuner 522 Receiver, and 2 311's in other rooms

Down here in my Room I'm kinda interested in getting HD, I know I can't record in Full HD status with my dvd-recorder and VHS. But I'd really like to see HD on This television, but I heard there's a $250.00 lease fee for the receiver, so unforuately I can't afford it.

Television is a Mitsubshi WS-55315 HDTV 16:9 Widescreen

If I should wait a while and see later if I can afford it, then I'll do that, or is there any deals for upgrading thru SBC/Dish that I could possibly take advantage of, as for changing Dishes on the roof, Hopefully the Condo association wouldn't have any problem with that, but I'd have to check on that prior to getting HD Capabilites, if they said No, I guess I stay with SD Satellite receivers.

Thank you all

You are out of luck, since sbc provides recievers for only 4 rooms you would have to return the 522 and wait for the slots to be available on your account before upgrading. outherwise u'll need to buy the 942 outright.

Getting HD Receivers thru SBC/Dish network

Thanks for replying, I'll stick with SD for now then, then upgrade at a much later time, The Upstairs television is also HDTV, but other family members don't care about HD, so can't convince them yet..guess will wait until more programming is available also.

Thanks for replying.

Is there a Dish box on your HDTV currently? You could replace a 311 with the 811. I had a 522 and a 311, I called and had an 811 added to the same TV that has the 522 based on it. This only totals 4 receivers for me and cost an additional $100 (one time) for the 811. They also bumped me to a Dish 1000 and I got it free because I have locals on 129.

This is all through SBC.

Getting HD Receivers thru SBC/Dish network

Well currently this TV is on TV2 of the 522 Tuner.... and 2 more 311's in other rooms.

I'm worried about the bill since limited budget, but I do use my part of 522 all the time, and record on the dvr sometimes, if I don't wanna setup my VHS Recorder or DVD-Recorder.

But I'd also like to use full capabilites of this Television system, since it's an HDTV, and it's got DVI, and I think maybe HDMI(not sure on HDMI part)

I guess I'll decide sometime though

My Combo VHS/DVD Player is a Panasonic PV-D4743S
My DVD-Recorder is a Panasonic DMR-E80H(With 80GB hard drive, and DVD-RAM and DVD-R Recording)
Plus Second DVD-Recorder upstairs, Panasonic DMR-E75VS, DVD-RAM and DVD-R Recording

So it's not like we wouldn't have the ability to record shows--not as convenient as a DVR, but we could still record, and yes I know none of he current recorders can record in HD.

And No I never seen a True HD show at all..not on our first HDTV upstairs or one down here--we tried getting HD Capablites with cable company, but it didn't go that well, plus was too expensive to get, and something may be wrong with the Components on that television upstairs--since it was a curved picture and green and red scrolling. I used component on mine with my DVD player and works well down here.

Last edited: