Getting logged out

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpalone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
44N 105W
This may not be the appropriate place for this.

I have been getting logged out or booted out while online here over the last week or so. Something been done with the software or settings lately?

It may be that I am a slow reader, but kind of doubt it, as that is what buys my satellite toys and food.

Just wanted to bring to the attention of those who run this great place.

Thanks.

Be aware that if you've recently installed software that is designed to delete your browsing history (or if an anti-malware program has done so on your behalf), the cookie that signifies your active login may be deleted. I'm not sure which of the dozen or so cookies that is.

I have been deleting all cookies for some time now, when I exit my browser. This has just started over the last week or so, so I doubt my deleting my cookies is causing it. Maybe a race condition on my side or ??. Just a bit irritating to move to another area and find that you are not logged in.

Thanks

That was happening to me a short while back - week ago, maybe two? Just moving back and forth within the site from one page to another, I kept constantly getting booted out and couldn't always log back in 1st try.

Wasn't deleting cookies or anything like that, or anything different than I always do and it was while I was actively doing things on the site. The problem went on for a week or so but then it went away by itself, so I didn't worry about it, it was only on here too, no other sites. It may have coincided with when the SEC DNS issues were going on.

If your deleting your cookies then its logging you out. Again the cookies are where your login is stored.

Cookies are deleted WHEN I EXIT MY BROWSER, NOT WHILE ACTIVELY LOGGED IN. The being booted off or dropped from a logged in status is WHILE actively being on the sight. I never, ever, ever, set anything up where I remain logged in when I am not on the site proper. I also log out when I leave the site, most of the time, I am not infallible.

About the only thing that changed was we upgraded our forum software to patch a security hole.

There are details about that update here. https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-5-2-released-includes-security-fix.107127

I have searched the XenForo site and can find no reports of anyone having this issue since the upgrade.

There are no controls for this its just part of the software. and there are no other members are reporting issues and we have around 40,000 members here a day.

I would look for and delete ALL SatelliteGuys Cookies as you may have one bad, stuck or corrupt cookie which could do this. Again your login information is stored in the cookies that are on your machine and again are not nothing we control.

Hope this helps. :)

It is all about cookies so if you're getting logged out from the site (not sight), it is because your browser is having its cookies tampered with or isn't coughing them up when it needs to.

Unless you're so insanely paranoid that you're using the Tor browser, try a different browser and see if your luck with hanging onto (or coughing up) cookies doesn't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.