Getting more from my antenna system?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

19psi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2010
Northern Indiana
I live towards the NW corner of Indiana about 30 minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan.
My current OTA setup gets me quite a few stations. All of Chicago which is about 60 miles away and all of South Bend which is about 70 miles away. I also get a few stragglers from different parts of IL and IN.

Between 2 am and 10 am I always get many Indianapolis stations which are a little over 150 miles south of me. Like clockwork 365 days a year the stations come in strong at 2 am and by 9 am the signal starts to bounce and they disappear completely by 10 am.
Also during the night and when conditions are right I can pull in Wisconsin and Southern Michigan. This isn't a sure thing though like the Indy stations.

On very rare occasions I can get Quad Cities Iowa and even Kentucky but that may be more of a skip thing.

For some reason EAST has always been completely dead for me.

Any suggestions of what I can do to maybe get Indy, WI and MI all the time and not just at night? I'm already running an amp/splitter in my attic. Would twinning another 9032 make a difference? I'd really like to get and keep the Retro TV and Cool TV stations which are about 140 miles north of me.
If I have to get as drastic as a tower, I'll just be happy with what I have. :cool:

It's about 25' up and this area is pretty flat. I was mainly hoping to extend my range to the north to grab a few of those channels I really want.

unfortunately the further distant stations will do that...work at night and be gone during the day. We have that issue at the lakehouse. We're 120miles or so from Minneapolis and at night we get Minneapolis but late morning they go poof. The antenna is up about 50 feet off the ground

You can try to extend the height of the antenna but anything past 85-90 miles on digital is really hit and miss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts