Getting My Own Account instead of Thru Apt Complex

pantograph3

Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
NJ
Hi everyone. I live in a condo building with Dish Network. We pay a third-party company that handles the TV in the building. I have a Q-Box connected to the cable jack in the wall and then to my receiver.

I'm wondering if I can just buy my own receiver and Q-Box and then call Dish Network to open an account under my own name instead of going through the building. Would this work?

I'm tired of paying around $60/month for 1 TV with the most basic plan when I know going through Dish Network would be much cheaper.

Thanks!

Hi everyone. I live in a condo building with Dish Network. We pay a third-party company that handles the TV in the building. I have a Q-Box connected to the cable jack in the wall and then to my receiver.

I'm wondering if I can just buy my own receiver and Q-Box and then call Dish Network to open an account under my own name instead of going through the building. Would this work?

I'm tired of paying around $60/month for 1 TV with the most basic plan when I know going through Dish Network would be much cheaper.

Thanks!

Maybe. It depends on how it's set up. PM me the town your condo complex is in, and the name the complex goes by. I'll see what I can find out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)