Getting Satellite 119 instead of 110 (Dishnetwork)

whicky1978

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Clarksville, Tennessee
I should be getting HD channels and local channels, however, my reciever lost the signal, and then somehow only gets sat. 119 now. When I try to go to my local channels or HD channels, it just goes to the nearest ones. I called DN and they tried to help me, but couldn't. A guy is comming in about 2 weeks. I tried setting it to 110 and restarting the reciever, but it did not work. I had this problem yesterday, and it seemed to fix itself, but I am having the problem again. :confused:

I am using the 811 reciever. It started yesterday when I was trying to hookup a used tivo series 2 that was made for DirectTV. Did this set it off?

Anyways, I can get a signal for both the 110 and 119, but it only locks on the 119.

Anyways, I'm off to bed

dfergie said:
Welcome to SatelliteGuys...what does it say when you do a switch check?

Last night it said there was only one satellite connnected . Today, I did the switch check, and it found the other satellite, and I got a different message, but I don't remember. Hopefully, the problem is fixed. I may have some faulty equipment. I don't know. :what

problems not fixed, if it said something like 119 all feed no device type or lnbf type listed then you have an lnbf issue most likely.

whicky, just so you know, the DirecTV receivers aren't compatible with Echostar/Dish Network switches. Since your 811 is reporting a "Twin", this identifies a two-LNB module that packages the switch inside the module. The voltages used by the DirecTV equipment are compatible with Dish's stuff, so no harm there.

Now that it sees 119 and 110, it sounds like you're in business. Unless you're still having problems, I'd cancel the DN tech...

that happened to me once a while backon my 811. The switch info looked correct, and resetting
the receiver had no effect. I cant remember the exact menu I got to that fixed it (a software problem), but it had to do with the transponder changing values. I will try to find the menu when I get home. I got the receiver to search for a better transponder all over again, and it all came back up. Acquiring satellite all over again has no effect either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)