getting started

rubrhammer

Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
I did some searches and found some old info on RVing that may not appply now so here are my questions.
1.I haven't had a land line to my house for a couple of years. Can I even get Dish or Direct at my house?
2. If I get a subscription for a unit for my house, can I buy a second receiver for my RV and just transfer the card? I don't have that much need for one camping to pay an extra $5 a month for a second receiver. I'm not trying to hack or anything, just trying to save having to removing the unit from the house.
Thanks in advance for the answers.
Bob

1) It depends on whether you choose Directv or Dish and what type of equipment you have. Directv does not require a land line except to order PPV's with your remote. Dish requires a land line if you have the 622 or you have to pay an extra fee.

2) You can't just transfer the card. They are tied to the receiver. You can just take your receiver from the house while you are in the RV. The only thing to remember is you might not get your local channels depending on how far you travel from your home market.

Thanks Jag,
So is the only way to eliminate having to move the home receiver, to get a 2 room contract?
Bob