Getting the CSR runaround... is this true?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
see my other posts about some techs, real stories, real stupid stories all them true, believe it or not

charper1 said:
Believe it or not, 10 mins or research & work, knowing your home's layout, and a $10 heading compass, will allow anyone to figure it out. It really isn't as hard as people try to make it sound.

That's not the point. If you take your car to get the oil changed, you don't expect to have to give the guy directions on how to do it. If I pay for an install it had better be done right....that's the point of having someone install it.

No you missed the point I was answering: "how would a user know where to put the dish on their own home"?.

If you can do what my reply alludes to, a bit of upfront research) then you can TELL the installer exactly what you want & exactly where you want it; which is your right andduty as part of the process because its your house and you should get it the way you want it done. So if you do a little bit of pre-install research and work, you can determine if your selected install spot(s) will work or not, well before the installer shows up.

madpoet said:
Just telling you what the rep told me... monthly fee, yearly comittment, and I still would have to pay $30.
That was only for the initial service call, madpoet, as you weren't covered by the Protection Plan at that point. After the PP kicks in, all other service calls are free.

As a dealer and professional installer, as far as im concerned anyone who installs systems in the winter should guarantee the placement of the Dish due to trees in the spring for the first year.

Now in the 2nd Spring, if the trees grow its not my problem!

I have been doing this for almost 8 years, and when I was installing full time I would usually tree out about 2-3 jobs per year. Situations come up where its a tight look angle, and I needed the money so I went ahead and installed.

When the trees bloomed in the spring, customers called me up and I went back to their homes and fixed my mistake at no charge to the customer.

A few of them we knew there would be a problem, and we let the customer be aware of this and told them to call us if it was because it was too close to call. Other times the trees will actually grow.

The only ones I do not fix due to tree issues are customers who went into non-pay disconnect during the winter that caused DISH Network to chargeback my installation monies. When those customers call me up, I laugh and tell them to take their problem up with DISH.

Anyways, the biggest issues with all of this is the fact that when I do an install my money is subject to chargeback for 360 days. I don't fix it, the customer doesn't get their problem resolved and they disconnect and I get charged back. When these companies or contract installers install your system, they are subject to 90 days, so after 90 days why should they care if its pointed into trees.

As far as the customer signing off on the work order taking responcibility for the install, the responcibility is still on the technician. The customer doesn't know any better where the Dish should or should not work.

A site survey is important where trees are present......a pro would allow a 10 year growth period before "it" (the tree) becoming a problem with LOS.
90 days as to 1 year is a big difference for being responsilbe to your job.
HSP have turn ratio on tecs so high now........so probaly the tech that did the install in winter is no longer with them in summer

charper1 said:
Believe it or not, 10 mins or research & work, knowing your home's layout, and a $10 heading compass, will allow anyone to figure it out. It really isn't as hard as people try to make it sound.

I understand that you and I could do that, but the average person doesn't know what the stalk on the left side of the steering wheel on a car is for, or which direction North is. So how do expect them to have CLUE about that!!!:rolleyes: :confused:

whoa, i had the service plan both times i had D, but i never had to pay anything upfront for a service call. is this new? just curious!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts