Getting Ticked at Sling Adapter!

OhioDon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Ohio
I've had 1 hopper and 1 joey for a few months. Dish installer installed the wifi adapter for me and I connected a Sling Adapter that I have from a friend. For awhile, all was good: I could watch Dish on my Android tablet and I could watch dish on my computer. About a week or two ago, I started having major connection problems. On the Android, I often get something like "weak or no video signal". Sometimes it works after/in spite of this and sometimes not. Tonight on my computer I am getting Error 33 and Error 44. I tried on a different network with both the Android and on a computer with similar results. I have unplugged the hopper numerous times and disconnected and reconnected the wifi adapter and Sling Adapter. Am I missing something? Did a Hopper "ungrade" trash the Sling compatibility? Thanks in advance!

My sling Adapter hasn't worked correctly since I switch to the Hopper. I get the same thing you do. Big screen telling me weak or no signal on my android. Even Dish online just gives me a black screen.. I can see it take control of one of the tuners on my hopper, but it's not getting out to any of my devices. Sure hope this is just a bug or a configuration issue because I will miss my sling ability very much..

I got my Hopper on 6/22/12. So all was good for about a month. I now have version "S217 NACB". I'm not sure when it updated but there was a day, soon after I was having the Sling problems, when the Hopper would not turn on until I did a reset from the front panel or power cycle. When did you get your Hopper?

I have only had a my Hoppers about a week.. Never had anything but 217 software. So I can't speak to whether it worked prior to 217 or whether 217 broke it.. I just know I have never been able to get it to work even sitting right in front of my TV while on my computer or android connected to my home network.

My setup is the Hopper that has the Sling adapter attached is hardwired to my router while the other Hopper and 2 Joeys are getting it via bridging. I do not have a HIC. I may have to get one if that will fix the problem. My internet is 30 down and 3 up and it worked perfectly with my previous 722.

You mean it worked fine for you before 217 but now it doesn't work with 217? Can we roll back to pre-217? Dish people: please HELP!

That's exactly what I mean. I had zero issues slinging to my IOS devices on my WiFi network or over 3G prior to 217. On the other hand, going through Dish Online still works great. So that tells me 217 and the Sling apps don't play well, and no, there is no way to roll back the Hopper SW.

That's exactly what I mean. I had zero issues slinging to my IOS devices on my WiFi network or over 3G prior to 217. On the other hand, going through Dish Online still works great. So that tells me 217 and the Sling apps don't play well, and no, there is no way to roll back the Hopper SW.

Weird, Weird, Weird...as I am having the opposite problems. My Android works pretty well, as good as ever, even tho I still get the weak video rarely, but Dish on Line never works. The older Dish app still works pretty good..forgot what it's called.

Sling SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!!!! It will let me watch live tv on Dish Online. It will NOT let me access DVR Events from that site. It used to work on Dish Remote Access but not any longer. After it asks for my login info and the receiver number I get this on the next webpage:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /var/www/html/includes/db.php on line 70

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /var/www/html/includes/db.php on line 70
Error connecting to mysql

I'm trying to determine if this is an issue unique to the 217 upgrade or not. To Copperavery, Baley and Stargazer, did you use Sling BEFORE 217 came out? Did the problems only start AFTER 217?

Working here...

Attachments

• dishonline.jpg
    dishonline.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 224
Any DIRT Members out there want to get a HIC shipped to me for free?? :) And also explain why I got 4 recovery kits for my 1 leased 722K when I upgraded.

Looks like I need a HIC. Although I do worry when Scott says his works a majority of the time.. That tells me that it still isn't 100 percent reliable. And that to me is a fail.
Since mine has not worked once, anything would be an improvement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts