getTV On DISH Network

LhasaApso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
This past week, getTV, which is carried on broadcast stations' subcarrier channels in a number of markets, became available on Dish Network, Channel 387.

Owned by Sony Pictures, think getTV airs reruns of old variety shows as well as old movies and old TV Westerns.

This network carries advertising.

Reactions: Stormy_2021
I wonder will other subchannels follow suite?, which others could?
doubt any others will. I made light of really how GetTV got on Dish (Sony owns them and GetTV does all the commercials unlike other stations which barter with the affiliate to both get commercials)

Unless its a thing like Cozi on FETV or Laff on Blue HIghways (where part of the schedule is on a station) there probably wont be any more added

Fetv on channel 82 is showing the same schedule as COZI tv a subchannel in my area at least during prime time. The rest of the time it shows it's own schedule.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151217006532/en/getTV-Cine-Sony-Television-Join-DISH-Lineup

Well while I would (still) like more HD channels added, I'm glad to be getting (SD) classic TV channels like this; not only can I now see GET-TV & LAFF (part-time anyway) on DISH, our local FOX station just added Antenna TV on Monday...which was actually the one I've been REALLY wanting, especially since they're going to be starting the Johnny Carson reruns on Jan 1st. :)
(we already get Me-TV, COZI-TV & THIS OTA as well)

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151217006532/en/getTV-Cine-Sony-Television-Join-DISH-Lineup

Well while I would (still) like more HD channels added, I'm glad to be getting (SD) classic TV channels like this; not only can I now see GET-TV & LAFF (part-time anyway) on DISH, our local FOX station just added Antenna TV on Monday...which was actually the one I've been REALLY wanting, especially since they're going to be starting the Johnny Carson reruns on Jan 1st. :)
(we already get Me-TV, COZI-TV & THIS OTA as well)
I get all of those on OTA sub-channels. But, most of them don't have data in the EPG, like most sub-channels. That has always been a pet peeve of mine with Dish. The guide data for those channels exists. And, Tribune has them on its own TV listing website. But, Dish doesn't take it from Tribune, unless they carry the channels/networks on their sat.

We lost our guide data for the Cw in the Beaumont,Tx area dma. Happened this week. Had it for a few years and now they cut it off. Still have it for Metv and Cozi tv but I doubt we will keep it the way DISH is headed. Tivo is looking better and better to me as the years go on. My dad is considering it too. He only watches a few channels on the satellite ,mostly his locals. He even said I could go to Walgreens and get a movie from Redbox for a $1.00.

I get all of those on OTA sub-channels. But, most of them don't have data in the EPG, like most sub-channels. That has always been a pet peeve of mine with Dish.

NOT any problem for me anymore w/(2) lifetimed Tivo Roamio's:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...-sub-channels-on-directv.354934/#post-3766104

Also, Tivo's latest software update to all Roamio's included the same Quick mode that's on the new Tivo Bolt...I LUV this feature! It's great on talk/news shows & everything is still very understandable; pretty amazing feature if you ask me.
I'm actually going to start recording more of these type of shows on my Tivo's (instead of my sat DVR's) because of this...while they did not give us (commercial) Skip Mode yet here, it's not that big a deal to use the 30-sec skip button.

Reactions: GaryPen and Mr Tony
This past week, getTV, which is carried on broadcast stations' subcarrier channels in a number of markets, became available on Dish Network, Channel 387.

Owned by Sony Pictures, think getTV airs reruns of old variety shows as well as old movies and old TV Westerns.

This network carries advertising.

I meant Channel 373. My apologies.

Someone in this thread mentioned a laugh channel being on the highways, I didn't think we had that on dish. Did that get added somewhere and I just missed it? *Blue highways*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)