Give me three reasons why you don't like Comcast.

OK, and he hasn't been back since the day he posted this.
[SatelliteGuys.US - View Profile: tv_addict1211
(look in upper right for last activity)

I guess he really rubbed you the wrong way. I was willing to give him some slack, but it sure looks like a troll post now.

LOL It was an obvious troll post from day 1! I guess we weren't acrimonious enough though for him/her to come back and stir the pot some more. :luvlove:

No fanboy here.. I'd switch in a heartbeat if the negatives started to outweight the positives.

Where to begin?

1. Lack of choice. This is more my apartment complex owner's fault. FIOS is available everywhere on my street, but my complex, as the owner of my building was paid for a 15 year exclusivity agreement. Thankfully, I'm leaving in six months.

2. Lack of HD content. Sure, there's a lot of OnDemand stuff, but I'd like some more channel selections. Furthermore, in my neighborhood, Comcast doesn't carry InDemand HD, so I have to watch UFC / WWE pay per views in SD.

3. Pricing is outrageous. Bill is never the same twice.

4. Phone service is mediocre at best.

5. Upon subscribing to phone service, your number will be sold, and telemarketers will be calling within 3 hours. I thought this was a recycled number issue, but they're asking for me by name.

6. Customer service is awful. I record EVERY call I make to Comcrap, just in case I have a case needing escalation.

I won't even begin to start with my internet issues, mostly involving p2p throttling and their stance on net neutrality.

Oh, I agree absolutely, but it takes a month to be put on the list. 17 more days of annoying telemarketers.

Fortunately, I record every incoming call, and I'm just going to start messing with these people, and posting the calls on my blog.

I guess I was lucky. I added the new number to the do not call list before the switch from Insight, and only got a couple before the time kicked in.

1. Their service is quite expensive even BEFORE the price hikes.

2. Their customer service is far from stellar.

3. They interrupt my onDemand/DVR viewing with EAS/Emergency Alert System messages.

I don't get Comcast service, but my dad does and I've experienced the good (and bad) of it.

That's required by law....
Yeah but to the best of my knowledge that has never happened on my DirecTV. I'm not saying it's a STUPID law.. I mean its nice to know that I won't miss potentially important information because I'm watching "It's Just Wrong." I just find it annoying.

Yeah but to the best of my knowledge that has never happened on my DirecTV. I'm not saying it's a STUPID law.. I mean its nice to know that I won't miss potentially important information because I'm watching "It's Just Wrong." I just find it annoying.

I believe the Satcasters are exempt from the requirement due to the former difficulty they had with localization of content (EAS/NWS alerts usually only affect specific areas at a time).

I believe the Satcasters are exempt from the requirement due to the former difficulty they had with localization of content (EAS/NWS alerts usually only affect specific areas at a time).
Well then I better hope the next war doesn't start during NFL season. ;p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts