Give me three reasons why you don't like Comcast.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tv_addict1211

Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
:( I am not happy with the amount they charge me, too xpensive. Customer service is a joke. Tell me three reasons why you dont like Comcast. :hungry:

Last edited:
They aren't free, they aren't free and they aren't free... other than that I don't hate them.

This is a Comcast discussion thread, not a flame thread. Take it elsewhere.

1. Arrogant
2. Customer Service is a joke
3. Slow to roll out new products and services. Only now that Verizon is KICKING THEIR ARSE are they doing something.
4. OVER PRICED!

Want more?

This is a Comcast discussion thread, not a flame thread. Take it elsewhere.

A bit of a troll, especially for a first post, but the area should be for constructive comments about Comcast, both positive and negative, not just fanboy stuff.

I am with Comcast because Insight gave me up. Mostly happy, but:

1. Not enough HD
2. Don't like the HD-DVR for usability. Was used to the DISH 622, and this is a definite step down. Probably a different topic here.
3. $15/mo per HD-DVR lease is way too high.

On the plus side,
1. I LIKE the customer service. A local office that can and will address issues in person. Not some clueless person in India.
2. Excellent picture quality.
3. Good uptime record.
4. local ads inserted into local spots. You can't appreciate this until you have seen the endless Enzite, potty putter, Girls Gone Wild junk that gets inserted on DISH. A commercial spot for a local restaurant is refreshing.

1) Way too expensive
2) The allusion of HD Contented vs. HD channels - I don't do the PPV thing, I use Netflix for that. I'd rather have the channel, even if it's not true HD.
3) Customer service, unless you take a drive, the phone service is horrible. I called Sunday because the service went out 2 hours before the super bowl. Could not get through. Lucky that someone in my building did and they were out quick to fix it. I had OTA HD as well so I thought it was funny ;-)

The good:
1) No other choice except for OTA HD. If it wasn’t for HBO, we would be just OTA.
2) hmmmmm
3) Can’t think of anything else ;-)

We dropped the internet for Verizon because my Vonage wouldn’t work with Comcast plus a ton of other Internet issues. HD is not bad but I had DirecTV before we moved up here and I liked them better but from what I have seen, the Boston area HD selection isn’t too bad.

I moved from Comcast to D a couple of months ago. Here would be my big three reasons...

1) Its too expensive
2) The Moto HD DVR is just too flaky
3) The stinking ads in the program guide.

I did like the PQ on the HD channels. Best I've seen between them and both D & E. It's just not worth the extra $25/month IMO.

1) The season pass feature for the HD-DVR is horrid. I only trust it for shows I don't mind missing.
2) Channels aren't rolled out nationally. So, it took an extra year for me to get TNT-HD even though I can see Philly from my window.
3) On-Demand is hit or miss for me. Never can count on it working when I really want to watch something.

I was a Dish customer from 1996 and signed with Comcrap last Feb to do the Triple Play. I was expecting to pay about $130 with HD however I was getting raped at $180.00 a month.

I kept getting outages every other day, no kidding. It isn't fun when all three services are out.
When I call them hey always tell me they will have someone come tomorrow. When I tell them it must be in my whole neighborhood, they nah, we have no other reports from your area.yet two hours later they end up sending trucks as no one is getting service.

Thirdly, I love soccer coming England and FSC is a must have channel, well the picture quality was worse that the streams in Realplayer during the 28.8K modem days. Every few minutes it would freeze and you would here like a quick telephone dial. Called and called they would not do anything, kept telling me it is from the head end and they are aware of it. I even called Fox Soccer Channel directly to try and get it resolved.

The motorola DVR I had was crap and had a lot of issues, I had to have it changes 4 times.

So, back in September I re-joined Dish by calling Claude and got the Vip 722. Dropped the Phone and internet also and signed with AT&T.
For waht I was paying Comcrap, I now get phone, internet, top 250+HD, South Asian Mega Pack(54.99) and HBO all for about the same. A much better value.

One thing I did like about Comcrap was the VOD, however most of the HD VOD was not in DD 5.1.

I have both Dish and Comcast like them both

Comcast 42.95 HSI
Limited Basic 14.55 No filter :D
On HD box for locals Still get all the other HDs they have no way to block out.

Dish 722 DVR Adv. Plus 2 211s
plus $6.00 Each 211
Plus HD Ess. pack $10.00

and Vonage Unlimited for $19.99

I feel i have the best of everything right now. I do have Fios avail to me but am scared to change do to CS issues

Never had any issues with Comcast over the years easy to deal with.
Have a special contact @ Dish that takes care of any issues :D

Never called Vonage except 1x to see if i could get the $19.99 rate for UNL. Said no problem and Done.

Hmmm well hopefully this doesn't turn into too much of a "let's bash Comcast thread" sometimes they deserve it but I guarantee you the same can be said for any other provider.

The things I like about Comcast:

1) I don't know about you but my high speed service SCREAMS. On good servers I've gotten speeds over 1 megabyte (not bit) per second
2) Great HD quality
3) On Demand. Some people don't use it but I love it
4) Very good customer service. I guess it can be a tossup for anybody but I have used both their online chat and calling customer service and it worked out well for me. Hell the one time I had a long term internet outage they even made the effort to call me back to make sure it was working when their end of the system showed it as working. I also really like their very specific timeframes for techs rolling out. I never have to sit home longer than an hour.

Things that can be improved:

1) HD channel selection. I know I just said I love VOD but when it comes to HD I want more HD channels than I do HD VOD content
2) Their Motorola HD DVRs. I don't know if it is the hardware or if it is the software but it definitely has issues. Frankly they also aren't using the full capabilities of the box. The thing has firewire, USB, ethernet, and eSATA ports (Motorola 3412) and none of them are activated. I'd LOVE to have the ability to hook up an external hard drive and hook it up to my network so that I could do DVR programming while on the road.

The Bad:

Expensive when your triple play deal runs out and you have to keep threatening to disconnect so they'll drop the price.

The Motorola DVR is buggy (has gotten better over time, but still crap) and not enough storage (120gig or 160gig depending on model, I have a 6412 PII and 3416).

The Good:

They're relatively good about adding HD channels. About every quarter we see something new.
Not as many when you count straight up channels as DirecTV, but good for working within their bandwidth (from what I've heard FiOS can't keep up at all).

Blazing fast internet. No outages here.

Yes, I agree on the internet speed. Very fast. Even with my move to D, I kept the internet and basic cable. Since they charge an extra $10 without it, I decided to keep the $15 basic cable. I get the local HD channels in native format that way.

One thing I like about Comcast is the HD picture quality. One thing I don't like is the unreliability of video OnDemand. I have two systems--living room and bedroom. If I really want to see OnDemand in the living room, I often have to UNPLUG the Motorola cable box, and plug it in again. Then it will usually work okay. The upstairs system works okay most of the time.

I'd have to say I'm not with them because their hd choices are lame compared to other providers..

their cable modems are inconsistant, rarely work (in my area)

their customer service blows..

the contractors they use are terrible, barely know how to install cable let alone any fix any service issues..

they cost me nearly 30 bux more than satellite for the same service.

don't get me started on cable cards.. you can go pick up a 10 lb box.. but god forbid you can walk in and pick up a 5 oz card.. they come to install it, but make you push the card in so if a pin breaks they aren't liable..

overall I was highly disappointed in them, so I switched off cable modems and digital service and haven't looked back..

EDIT: not to say any other provider doesn't have their flaws, comcast just has more.. :)

The only things i can think of off the top of my head:

They don't do windows
They don't cut my lawn
they don't wash my truck

Other than that I can't complain (won't get me anywhere anyway)

My main complaint is that they don't operate as a national system. For example, Columbus Indiana JUST GOT ONDEMAND THIS PAST WEEK. Others have had it for years.

It makes it hard to use forums like this when you have to get local with every post about what HD stations are available or whatever.

Speaking of, does anyone know of a place that has all of the areas mapped out and what lineup is available in each? Don't say Comcast.com, they have been wrong about OnDemand for a year.

Speaking of, does anyone know of a place that has all of the areas mapped out and what lineup is available in each? Don't say Comcast.com, they have been wrong about OnDemand for a year.
Closest thing I have found: Comcast Spotlight : Comcast Spotlight Corporate : Map / Market by State

As for my list of why I dislike Comcast Tallahassee:
1. More expensive than Dish Network (I could have a Dish DVR for the price of regular Comcast Analog/Digital Starter Cable)
2. Not as many HD channels as Dish Network (but quickly catching up)
3. Hasn't made nice with FSN Florida to air an additional 55 Marlins games (we get 95 out of 150 Fish games) and 35 Magic games (we only get 42 games on Sun Sports) which both Dish Network and DirecTV do have in a package that is cheaper monthly than Comcast.
4. Customer Service is not 24 hours, even if you call 1-800-COMCAST. (Not even outages have 24 hour service, they use a message service instead.)
5. No night/weekend appointments (My phone company, EMBARQ, is much more accommodating.)
6. The Program Guide isn't 16:9 HD.

I like Comcast because
1-HD picture quality
2-HD picture quality
3-All the locals-and they have better HD pq
4-no lame ass 2 year contract
5-they have HD channels that I actually watch
6-no lame ass 2 year contract
All the rest of you can like what you like Iam no company fanboy-they all have their faults and bonuses. If you like what you like great-otherwise change and move on-stop trolling the competition forums and infesting it with your negativity.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)