Give this a try

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dave29

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
indiana
I rolled out on an HDDVR upgrade the other day, when i got there the homeowner started in about having waivers for hd nationals from direct and that they didn't want it if they couldn't get them. I told them to call d* and confirm on that because we have locals off the 72.5 in this area and they don't have them up in HD yet. Been waiting on that for a year now. I told them that if they gave them to them they would be the first ones in this area i ever heard of. They called and i talked to the csr and sure enough they said they were elligable for cbs, fox, abc but nbc had not cleared yet. Ok i did the upgrade, installed the kaku(slimline) and activated and what do you know they got them, now they have locals off the 72.5 and the feeds out of New York. I had never heard of that before and have never seen it except those that use the movers connect and "forget" to change addresses. I guess for all of those waiting for d* to light up HD locals in there marketplace this could be an option. Or maybe they just got a hold of a clueless csr.:confused:

I rolled out on an HDDVR upgrade the other day, when i got there the homeowner started in about having waivers for hd nationals from direct and that they didn't want it if they couldn't get them. I told them to call d* and confirm on that because we have locals off the 72.5 in this area and they don't have them up in HD yet. Been waiting on that for a year now. I told them that if they gave them to them they would be the first ones in this area i ever heard of. They called and i talked to the csr and sure enough they said they were elligable for cbs, fox, abc but nbc had not cleared yet. Ok i did the upgrade, installed the kaku(slimline) and activated and what do you know they got them, now they have locals off the 72.5 and the feeds out of New York. I had never heard of that before and have never seen it except those that use the movers connect and "forget" to change addresses. I guess for all of those waiting for d* to light up HD locals in there marketplace this could be an option. Or maybe they just got a hold of a clueless csr.:confused:

A clueless csr? C'mon! :rolleyes:

I had a freak thing close to that happen to me. I "moved" to a zip code on the east coast that did not have any locals. D* gave me the New York locals since that zip code automatically qualified for them. I informed them I have the HD package and want the NY HD Locals as well, and they gave them to me. After about 2 days of not getting along without having my RSN, I called D* and had them switch me back to my real zip code. I fully expected to lose all the NY locals. To my suprise I only lost the SD feeds, and the HD's were still lit up!

I do not know why this happened, but I have been getting all the East coast Major networks in HD for a year now at no extra charge!

I had a freak thing close to that happen to me. I "moved" to a zip code on the east coast that did not have any locals. D* gave me the New York locals since that zip code automatically qualified for them. I informed them I have the HD package and want the NY HD Locals as well, and they gave them to me. After about 2 days of not getting along without having my RSN, I called D* and had them switch me back to my real zip code. I fully expected to lose all the NY locals. To my suprise I only lost the SD feeds, and the HD's were still lit up!

I do not know why this happened, but I have been getting all the East coast Major networks in HD for a year now at no extra charge!

Nice. :up

i live near syracuse ny. I get the locals off of the 72.5 and get HD networks from fox and abc (the national feeds). I was cleared for waivers before they offered locals in our area. So until they put syracuse local in hd i get the national feeds for hd on fox and abc plus the locals from 72.5.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts