Giving sloppy joes a kick

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
1 pound of ground beef preferably 97/3 or the equal in ground turkey.

1/2 cup of beans.

1 tsp of minced garlic.

1/4 cup of chopped onion.

1 tsp of cajun seasoning or more to taste.

Follow instructions on the can for making sloppy joes, add beans and seasoning, wait 5 mins then add garlic and onions and cover allowing to simmer for 5 more minutes then serve.

You can add jalepenoe's in slices or sweet banana peppers, adding shredded cheese to it before putting on the top bun really gives it a nice taste and holds it together better for the kids.

Hehehe, thats why it was only a half cup of beans. I didnt add the cheese for mine but its something I've done before and the recipe change gives it a good taste.

I havent had Daves in a long long time, good stuff but has to be taken in serious moderation.

Why don't people use hot dog buns for sloppy Joes? Really does end the "holding them together" problem. You eat "loose" hamburgers in hot dog buns, don't you?

Thats about as bad as the mom who gets up late or forgets to get loaf bread and makes her kids peanut butter and jellies on hot dog buns :p Really though Ive never understood the concept of " open faced sandwiches "

Why don't people use hot dog buns for sloppy Joes? Really does end the "holding them together" problem. You eat "loose" hamburgers in hot dog buns, don't you?

Man, who eats loose burger in a bun anyways? :)

Wait my mom did, I think she used to call them Susie Burgers or something.

I guess nobody has been to a Detroit area coney island where they are quite common, usually served with chili, onions and mustard. Must be a regional thing.

I used to eat at alot of coney's in south eastern michigan, it might be localized to a specific area. Most of the coney's were pretty generic but the one that I lived 300ft from made the best farmers omeletes that I have ever had.

I guess nobody has been to a Detroit area coney island where they are quite common, usually served with chili, onions and mustard. Must be a regional thing.

I was kidding around. The coney places in town serve them. My mother just used to fry up burger and onions and eat that in a hotdog bun. It was actually quite good with a little salt and pepper.

Well I would have to differ, the Olympic Coney island on north Wayne rd just south of Warren rd in Westland makes a hefty farmers omelette. Theres another thats not officialy a coney but its Greek owned none the less, its called Charlies Country Squire and can be found on Washtenaw avenue in Ypsilanti about half a mile east of Golfside drive. They to make an incredible farmers omlette as well as a great cheese steak hogey that leaves you wanting for nothing but an ice cold coke and a slice of blue berry pie to finish the meal.

Theres a couple others that are small and in not the best of places but they still make good food such as the one on Livernois at Tireman, they make a simple no frills breakfast special that doesnt come back to haunt you later in the morning if you catch my drift.

In general, I don't visit Detroit area much. I do frequent Chicago and they have some pretty decent eats there. :)

The one time I was in chicago was july 01 driving back from Washington with a 65 new yorker that liked to get hot for no reason when it was cool out. I had to stop at 42nd and 96 to let the car cool off and found myself in that cities version of little mexico. I decided that it would be best to stand with the car for the 20 minutes that I let the car cool down instead of going into the gas station to get a soda and something to munch on.

I forgot that I went the following year for a day of phone line training installation, all I saw was the hotel, the dns facility, and a crappy subway for lunch then it was back on the road.

Well I would have to differ, the Olympic Coney island on north Wayne rd just south of Warren rd in Westland makes a hefty farmers omelette. Theres another thats not officialy a coney but its Greek owned none the less, its called Charlies Country Squire and can be found on Washtenaw avenue in Ypsilanti about half a mile east of Golfside drive. They to make an incredible farmers omlette as well as a great cheese steak hogey that leaves you wanting for nothing but an ice cold coke and a slice of blue berry pie to finish the meal.

Theres a couple others that are small and in not the best of places but they still make good food such as the one on Livernois at Tireman, they make a simple no frills breakfast special that doesnt come back to haunt you later in the morning if you catch my drift.

Been to Olympic - you're absolutely right about the breakfast, but Lafayette rules for coneys and loose hamburgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)