Glad I found you guys

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chingon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
I was with dish network from 98 to the first part of this year switched to dricttv, but I don't like them as much. I currently have their directivo and was considering back to dish network for the 522 and a 322. The wife was going to get it in her name and they said (calling dish network) that it would be a lease with no monthly charge except the 5.00 recording fee like directtv, and no contract. If you cancel you have to send the equipment back. The deal didn't souand too bad to me, but if so many people are having problems with the 522 then I might hold off for a while. The wife watches the Spanish channels and there are a few Dish has that dtv does not. Do most think the 522 will be straightened out soon?

Yeah - the 522 is rapidly maturing. Feel free to wait, but if ya gotta have E* NOW for some reason, you'll be OK. Note that the E* boxes do NOT have some Tivo features like NBR.

chingon said:
...and no contract. If you cancel you have to send the equipment back.
Be sure to order directly from Dish or possibly SBC if you're in SBC (telephone) region. Some (many ??) local Dish resellers/installers will impose their own contract/committment with you outside of Dish's agreement.

The 522 was introduced in November of 2003 so it is about time for DISH to get there software working it usually takes them about a year then they discontinue the product. Or at least that seems to be their recent history.

Well, I'm going to give it a try. Since the deposit is used for the first months bill and there's no contract the only thing I would be out to them is shipping to send the receivers back if I cancel. I will keep my D* receivers for a month or so just in case though.

Not a good sign so far. The person signing me up swore to me that you could not run the 522 insingle mode or pinp, just about called me stupid saying I was looking at the wrong receiver. I had to speak to someone else to get the real info and get signed up. To be fair though I had them for 6 years and thought their customer service very good, better than D* anyway.

My wife and I both will be glad to get back, lets just hppe that doesn't change after using the 522 for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)