Gmail for Android soon to get update?

That's the ICS version, very similar to what I now have on my Tablet, but yes, different than on my older OS version on my phone.

I stopped using GMail a while ago when I learned it's a massive battery hog. You're better off just using the built in mail app for it.

Say what now? It is NOT a battery hog, in fact it uses no resources unless you have it set to push. Then it's no different than any other program that pushes data. Even at that you can change the frequency of the push. And by the way, Gmail IS the built in mail program on both my phone and tablet.

I stopped using GMail a while ago when I learned it's a massive battery hog. You're better off just using the built in mail app for it.
First I've ever heard or read of that...
Really? I had no idea. Uninstalled and Thanks.
So, if another person tells you that it's not a battery hog, you'd be in a conundrum, huh ? Interesting that you take one comment from someone and take it as fact.

First I've ever heard or read of that...
So, if another person tells you that it's not a battery hog, you'd be in a conundrum, huh ? Interesting that you take one comment from someone and take it as fact.
Actually, I was planning to uninstall Gmail because it didn't accept the hand/gestures (as previously mentioned). In addition, further research indicates that with certain settings in place Gmail can have a significant effect on battery life.

I've used Android for 3+ years and have always used the GMail app and never the stock email app. Other than sync-related issues affecting battery life, I've never heard of this. And for what it's worth, those same sync/battery issues apply to ALL apps.

It'd be nice to get an update for the Gmail app. I hope that they fix some of the battery hogging issues, since I've realized that it does take up a lot of battery, like yourbeliefs said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)