Going back to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
It's been over 2 years since I've been on Dish. I left in good standing, I have the equipment and probably will put it back up after the 1st of the year. I'm sure the card would have to be replaced, so do I call first and let them know of my intentions or wait till I have everything ready to go? I notice when checking my local channel status, it says I can still get the Supers. It indicates that I qualify for the whole super package. Is this correct, I thought I read a while back some was having issues getting all of them, is it? Is Dish pretty easy going about giving specials to those that return to Dish (ie, HBO, Showtime, Starz)? Right now I'm looking at the Top 120 and the Supers only. I'm aware of the 3% increase coming to Dish and not really to concern about it.

You should be able to go back as a returning customer. You will pay the $49.99 fee but get all benefits of a new customer(new equip. free install and free programming) you also must sign the 18 mo. commitment and you don't get the $49.99 credit. Call 800-333-3474 and get their official answer it won't cost anything to ask.

well i am going back to Dish network aswell, mi cable company here un puerto rico, is going nuts, i have to pay 70 bucks for only basic channels and btw its like 130 channels 50%analog and 50%digital.

After 3 years with VOOM/DISH, I am actually headed to cable this coming weekend. Except for HD-Lite, I have really enjoyed the DishHD service. Dish has given me a free month of service to reconsider my decision as well as offered to waive the DHPP fee and drop $15 off the price for 12-months. But it's barebones DishHD Bronze with two owned 622s and one leased 811 for the same price as all the Digital Cable channels plus HBO, Showtime, Starz, the local sports channels (MASN) not on Dish Network, two leased HD DVRs, and one HD CableCard for my Sony HD DVR. The nail in the coffin is a new 5% communications tax being charged to satellite customers starting 1 January.

FiOS is three miles down the road and it should be in my neighborhood [hopefully] by the end of 2007. Cable may not have as many HD channels, but they all look great, and I was surprised how well On Demand worked. We'll miss using the 622, but my wife can always come back to Dish Network as a new customer if we so desire. Additionally, I'll be keeping my "essentials" StarChoice subscription for Deroit/Seattle HD and sports on TSNHD/CBCHD.

The only way I'll keep DishHD if someone in retention matches the cable offer (upgrade to Platinum for $29.95 per month)...but I won't be holding my breath. Choice is good!!!

I'm trying to keep out of the contract deal, sometime later thought about upgrading to a HD receiver but I will purchase that out right. I don't like the lease deal even though I do understand why. I don't like the upfront fees neither on a lease program, I think if I am going to put up that kind of money, then I should own it. Cable is not an option out in the sticks and my local telco, that's a joke in itself.

cable
If you have the equipment, you can reactivate it with no install fee or term. I did that about 6 months ago. Reactivated my old 5000. They sent me a new card and no term.

The Supers are available to most customers. The only ones who cant are where their local CW involked Syndex.

I can tell you from owning the first HD DVR that Dish offered, it's far better to let DISH take the risks with new technology--trust me it's changing every day. I think the folks at CU are right--lease until things settle down a bit. I would have lost a lot of money on my first HD DVR if Dish hadn't offered me a deal--still lost money though. RE-think the purchase vs. lease.

cable
If you have the equipment, you can reactivate it with no install fee or term. I did that about 6 months ago. Reactivated my old 5000. They sent me a new card and no term.

The Supers are available to most customers. The only ones who cant are where their local CW involked Syndex.

I think I can still get all the Supers, I did before and thought about for now put it back up for the Supers. That's been the biggest thing I miss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)