Going from 622 to 722?

kurtdh

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
So thinking of upgrading my VIP 622 to a VIP 722 just for the extra storage. Since it seems that's the only upgrade the 722 offers over the 622. Problem is, I don't want to lose all my DVR shows on my current 622. Is there any way to transfer your shows from the old receiver to the new receiver? Is it possible for the techs to do that when they show up and replace the receiver? Or is the only way to enable hard drive storage, attach a hard drive, transfer the shows over to the hard drive, and then transfer them back to the 722 when I have that installed? Haven't messed with external hard drives attached to my receiver yet, so I'm not so sure.

So thinking of upgrading my VIP 622 to a VIP 722 just for the extra storage. Since it seems that's the only upgrade the 722 offers over the 622. Problem is, I don't want to lose all my DVR shows on my current 622. Is there any way to transfer your shows from the old receiver to the new receiver? Is it possible for the techs to do that when they show up and replace the receiver? Or is the only way to enable hard drive storage, attach a hard drive, transfer the shows over to the hard drive, and then transfer them back to the 722 when I have that installed? Haven't messed with external hard drives attached to my receiver yet, so I'm not so sure.

Save some money and a new 24 mo commitment by adding external hard drive to your 622.

You get to keep everything on your 622 and can add as big or as many external HDD to grow your library. Cost $40 to add the external HDD to your account plus the cost of a HDD.

Save some money and a new 24 mo commitment by adding external hard drive to your 622.

You get to keep everything on your 622 and can add as big or as many external HDD to grow your library. Cost $40 to add the external HDD to your account plus the cost of a HDD.

So I'm guessing the 722 provides no improvements over the 622 than?

My current 622 is kind of quirky and I was also hoping that a new receiver would fix some of the quirks. For example, with a lot of shows I have recorded...when you pause and then hit play again, it skips forward a second or two and you miss what was inbetween. It does this with about half of the shows I record and I don't know if it's a problem with the receiver or what.

So I'm guessing the 722 provides no improvements over the 622 than?

My current 622 is kind of quirky and I was also hoping that a new receiver would fix some of the quirks. For example, with a lot of shows I have recorded...when you pause and then hit play again, it skips forward a second or two and you miss what was inbetween. It does this with about half of the shows I record and I don't know if it's a problem with the receiver or what.

Correct, other than color silver v black and HDD size they are identical.

What you describe may be the beginning of a HDD failure. If so DISH will replace it with a refurb 622 (no new ones out there anymore).

If you upgrade to 722 there will be a dish'n it up charge and/or make you take a new 24 month commitment.

What you describe may be the beginning of a HDD failure. If so DISH will replace it with a refurb 622 (no new ones out there anymore).

If you upgrade to 722 there will be a dish'n it up charge and/or make you take a new 24 month commitment.

If they replace my current 622 with a refurb 622, how do I transfer my shows from the old receiver to the new one? Is there a way for the tech to do that, or must I attach an external hard drive and transfer it that way...is that even possible?

Any way you can avoid a 2 yr commitment on top of what you may have, do it! With all the crazy stuff going on with DISH like the soap opera Tivo suit and the HD for free....forever... until Charles changes his mind again.... an EHD is the way to go. Why you feel the need to move shows back to any replacement reciever you might get seems a waste of time too if you decide "I gotta have it..." They won't play any different from an EHD vs the internal one.

I just got a replacement 622 for my 3+ yr old 622(HDMI port went bad). Its fine . Quiet and works as good as any thing new. ;)

If they replace my current 622 with a refurb 622, how do I transfer my shows from the old receiver to the new one? Is there a way for the tech to do that, or must I attach an external hard drive and transfer it that way...is that even possible?

You can save your recordings with an EHDD.

There is no way to transfer from 622 to 622 directly.

You would have to add EHDD to the account before the swap out.

For a 622 to 622 swap out they likely will mail you the refurb box rather than send a tech.

You can save your recordings with an EHDD.

There is no way to transfer from 622 to 622 directly.

You would have to add EHDD to the account before the swap out.

For a 622 to 622 swap out they likely will mail you the refurb box rather than send a tech.

Is it relatively easy to back up my shows to an EHDD, then reinstall the new refurb 622, and transfer the shows from the EHDD to the new refurb 622?

Is Dish network is good place to work ???

Cost to hook up an additional TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)