Going From Dish to Directv But Want To Keep Superstations -- HELP!!

angieutc

Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
:eek: Hello,

I am curently a dish subscriber, but I am getting Directv this weekend. I want to keep my superstations through dish, but E* says I have to own my equipment not lease ( I currently have a DVR 522)

Can I buy a cheap 311 and downgrade to the superstations only package? How hard would it be to install just the receiver (the superdish is already installed out back).

Has anybody ever done this? Any advice?

Ive never done it myself, but here's my advice

Ask a Dish Network sales representative wether the super stations are avaliable a la carte.

Is Dish Network letting you keep the Super Dish antenna and the necessary DP34 switch that was installed with it?

If this is all okay, then you should have no problem swapping the 522 for a 311. The 522 should have two cables feeding it the satellite signal. Either one should work with your purchased receiver. Radio Shack, Sears and Circut City sell 301 receivers if you need to get one fast. Once the receiver is connected to the Dish and TV do the installation set up and activate it by calling Dish Network.

Goodluck!

They are available a la carte, but you have to own your own recievers/dish/etc and you have to pay $5 extra a month since the first receiver is only included in the AT packs.

And you DON'T need a SD to get the supers - any standard 18" single sat dish will work just fine, even an old D* round dish will work, since they are all on 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)