going into solitude cauz i get no hd olympics..what so ever...

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
i just got off the phone with dish and im pissed.. i dont get any nbc hd in my area.. koaa wont be up for another year at least as they are wating on the fcc permit to build koaa dt... my dma isnt in a authorized area for the olympics in hd.. but i get distant networks for nbc from denver and chicago.. dmas that are able to view nbc olympics.. sooo alls good for me to get the olympics in hd right??? wrong... dish is trying to tell me that cauz im not in the dma that i cant get it even though my local nbc has approved its blessing on me watching other dmas... it sucks.. cant get hd via antenna... cant get it via dish cauz dish wants to be @sses im thinkin about yankin all this sh*t out and going into slitude for the rest of my life.. cauz i cant watch the olympics in hd.. any one know who i can contact to get the olympics in hd.. ???????

maybe the CSR didn't say that with 100% proff of it being correct. The idea around here is that if you have a DMA that is eligible you'll get it. So why not just wait and see what happens on friday

goaliebob99: As I've posted in the existing Olympic thread, call KOAA - ask for Quentin, POLITELY tell him you want to be able to see the olympics in HD, and see what he says. Please post the answer back here.

BTW, where in the DMA are you?

im in colorado springs.. but i get distant networks out of denver and chicago.. dish is the ones saying that i cant get it everyone else is saying i can due to the fact i get distant networks..

SimpleSimon said:
Actually, I'm in the Colorado Springs DMA :( - but am great-grandfathered from the C-Band days. :) I might have to move 10 miles or so north.

Damn Holmes....I just thought you were in Denver

Wish I could have that :D

sparker said:
Why in the heck is Grand Rapids MI eligible for the HD feed when it's not on Directv? Besides we aren't O&O.

It's not only in o&o areas. Dish Network and NBC worked together to get permission from non-o&o stations to be able to broadcast the HD feed to satellite subscribers in their DMA. Some stations said yes, some didn't.

Have you called and asked D*? I would be surprised if E* were allowed provide the feed to an area that D* wasn't.

NightRyder

BFG said:
9 more markets are eligible to receive the HD Olympics

Columbus, GA
Macon, GA

Both of these are neighboring DMAs of mine, Columbus's DMA is the next county over in two different directions. Yet, so far it looks like I'm still going to be without the Olympics in HD.

~Alan

Alan Gordon said:
Both of these are neighboring DMAs of mine, Columbus's DMA is the next county over in two different directions. Yet, so far it looks like I'm still going to be without the Olympics in HD.

~Alan

I think their goal was to completely surround your DMA but still leave you out to dry ;)

SimpleSimon said:
You asked for Quentin?
Possible answer: "Sorry, Mr. Tarantino doesn't work here." :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't have an HD system, but according to the local paper today, the Little Rock NBC affiliate isn't carrying *any* HD on its DTV channel--much less the HD Olympics feed; "not enough viewers", they say. Yet they won't let E* provide the HD Olympics feed to Little Rock? No wonder there's not enough viewers.

BTW, the ABC and CBS affiliates both broadcast in HD and provide HD to local cable systems, including Comcast in Little Rock. Guess which stations have the best reputation locally? Yes, ABC and CBS--probably for reasons other than HD, but it shows you how some NBC stations seem to have a "Pegasus" mentality (as in the bankrupt D* partner--they don't care about customers because THEY have a monopoly on the No. 1 product, whether D* or NBC).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts