Help with temp. superdish to 18" switch

jjnemoiii

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
I'm going to be housesitting for my parents soon, and I can't talk them into E*, they have cruddy cable... I would like to use my 7200 receiver, now in use with a SuperDISH, and hook it up to my old 18" and use at their house to get 119 sat. ( all I need). I can't get any signal at all (0 sig. strength) hooking up my 18 to my 7200. I get good signal with my SuperDISH, but even moving my 18 around does not give me ANY signal. Thinking I need to change a SuperDISH type setting on my receiver(?) LNB works good, tried with SuperDISH, RG6 cable good, any ideas on what i missed? THANX

What type of LNB is on the 18" dish? What I mean is, is it a DISHpro or a standard?

DishPro I'm almost positive. Was the side LNB on SuperDISH, as LNB on 18" dish is dead.

Do you have a DISHpro adapter hooked in between your 7200 and the dish? If not then that's your problem.

No DISHpro adapter, THANK YOU!! Do you think that I could just get a cheapo LNB from Radio shaft and use that with the 2700 and dish?

You could do that, but I would get a DISHpro adapter as well. I'm surprised that it is working with your SuperDISH as I think that would also require the adapter.

I think you guys are missing the obvious. He's using an LNBF that was part of his working configuration - maybe he forgot to take the DP Adapter with him. If there isn't one, then he doesn't need it.

The one thing he did NOT say he did was to run a Check Switch. That's gotta be the first thing done when you change configurations.

That's true. I forgot about the check switch part of the equation.

Do that as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)