Going to Retailer Costs $3 more per month??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

UAL123

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
I was just about to make an appointment will my local guy for installation until he went over the package costs. They were $3 more a month. $42.99 for 120 and $52.99 for 180 plus tax. Is this right? Maybe I'm missing something but I also called Dish diectly and they were $39.99 and $49.99. This makes me confused.:confused:

UAL123 said:
I was just about to make an appointment will my local guy for installation until he went over the package costs. They were $3 more a month. $42.99 for 120 and $52.99 for 180 plus tax. Is this right? Maybe I'm missing something but I also called Dish diectly and they were $39.99 and $49.99. This makes me confused.:confused:

The prices Dish quotes are without locals. If the quote the local installer gave you includes locals then you'd actually be saving $2/month.

GeorgeLV said:
The prices Dish quotes are without locals. If the quote the local installer gave you includes locals then you'd actually be saving $2/month.
No, with locals and the second box the local guy said it was $52.99 for 120 and $62.99 for 180. I'm just wondering why the $3?

i think your retailer is living in the past... if i remember rights, those were the old prices with locals.... before the last increase.... the prices dish gave you were the package prices without the local channels.

Also, as a quick sidenote, I went over to dish's website to check real quick the package prices before i chimed in... and just found it amusing that on their homepage they had a link to the "comcast guy sleeping" video on YouTube

to be honest with ya, it doesn't really matter what the local guy tells ya... dish is the one that charges you... you can go to their website and go through their "dishbuilder" thingy on the front page and get an exact quote on what you are going to be charged... i would print it out, then have the local guy do the install if you like... the retailer doesnt set the package prices, dish does

birddoggy said:
to be honest with ya, it doesn't really matter what the local guy tells ya... dish is the one that charges you... you can go to their website and go through their "dishbuilder" thingy on the front page and get an exact quote on what you are going to be charged... i would print it out, then have the local guy do the install if you like... the retailer doesnt set the package prices, dish does
That's what I was thinking because I wouldn't think Dish would charge me different. I'm still going to have to do some thinking because I just saw a commercial for a bundle package from my cable company and it looked like a good deal but I'll have to call and see what it all includes. Some of the cable commercials we have can be very deceptive sometimes.

The local Retailer / Installer can quote all the prices they want, they do not mean a thing as in the end it is Dish Network who the service is through not the local retailer.

In other words the local retailer could be quoting you old lower prices or just making things up to get your install, they dont mean a thing and they wont hold up as the Contract is through Dish not the local guy, you must pay the rate that Dish says.

Everyone in the country has to pay the same monthly rate for the new customer promo, the best deal you can hope for is free up front things like Free Starzs for 3 months and extra credit off the install or referal credits and no up front fees to lease SD DVRs or non DVR HD receivers.

Last edited:
The price for the programming is the same no matter what he says. Its the same across the nation. Dish and Direct determine the prices for programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)