GOL-TV Sues DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Looks like GOL-TV filed suit against DISH last week claiming they were not fully paid for their channel.

A PDF of the lawsuit is below.

Attachments

• 10-1435-2012-08-08.pdf
    17.9 KB · Views: 148
If Charlie does business on a handshake, this might explain why Dish gets slapped with so many lawsuits. Charlie thinks he's shaking on one deal, while the providers think they're agreeing to something else. This is a good reason to do business via contract. Of course that didn't avert the Voom debacle...

Dish's biggest problem is that they are a billion dollar corporation that does still business like a startup out of a garage. It was endearing 10-12 years ago. But, now, it just leads to all sorts of problems from buggy equipment to ill-informed CSR's to endless programming disputes and partner spats.

If Dish could just straighten up and fly right, they could be absolutely awesome, rising above the competition, including even the holy of holies, FIOS.

Yep, I agree, Dish seems to still work out of the garage. I still like they think out of the box however. You can't deny they seem to be in more lawsuits....

Scott Greczkowski said:
Looks like GOL-TV filed suit against DISH last week claiming they were not fully paid for their channel.

A PDF of the lawsuit is below.

Bye. This one won't be another AMC.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Geesh $80K for ten days of service to a low rated channel. I wonder how many of those 1.3 million subscribers actually watched GOL. I remember I had it but I can't remember if it was part of AT250 or if I had Multi Sport at that time.

Charlie must live for lawsuits it seems like every week ro month anothe lawsuits pops-up.1 good thing you can say about Charlie he keeps lawyers having jobs :D :)

You can't blame Charlie entirely, you know America is the Land of Lawyers and Lawsuits:rolleyes:
Maybe. Charlie seems to have a large collection of lawyers that convince him he can actually win one occasionally. i think the record is 1 win and 2 billion losses currently.

It seems silly that the case went on as long as it did... It was about $81k in dispute and after all the appeals $57k in interest. Dish must really turn mean if you get in a dispute with them... Gol probably paid as much in lawyer bills pursing this as they got in judgement...

Maybe. Charlie seems to have a large collection of lawyers that convince him he can actually win one occasionally. i think the record is 1 win and 2 billion losses currently.

Yea,it's a good thing there isn't a playoff system in the sat/cable biz!:D

It seems silly that the case went on as long as it did... It was about $81k in dispute and after all the appeals $57k in interest. Dish must really turn mean if you get in a dispute with them... Gol probably paid as much in lawyer bills pursing this as they got in judgement...

81k is chump change to them....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)