GOLTV English channel 627 moving to the Spanish Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonyfed1964

Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Maryland
Just learned today that Directv is dropping GOLTV (English Language Channel #627) from the sports package.

I called Directv customer service to inquire, I was informed that GOLTV (English Language Channel #627) was moving to the Spanish package. I asked the customer service rep that why would a English Station be only available in the Spanish package, which she had no reply. I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was put on hold for 5 minutes when a sarcastic man got on the phone. I asked him the same question and he was rude to me, so I asked to speak with another supervisor. To my bad luck, I was put on hold for over 1 hour before I was disconnected.

As I am a soccer fan, I have been watching GOLTV for over 8 years now as it was part of my sports package. Now I find out that I can only watch it if I purchase the Spanish package (and the station is in ENGLISH).

I went to Directv web page under feedback and sent Directv an e-mail with about GOLTV and also being put on hold for over 1 hour, but I received a reply that was totally lacking any substance, made me feel even worse.

I use to think that Directv was progressive, however this is regressive.

I URGE ANY SOCCER FANS AND GOLTV FANS TO CONTACT DIRECTV AND EXPRESS THEIR UNHAPPINESS.

Thanks

I'm getting a scroll message saying that: "On Sept. 13, Directv will cancel your access to more than 500 live soccer matches. Call Directv at ......... and tell them you want Goltv". I guess another channel dispute. :(

Didn't they state that BEIN would be replacing Gol TV? And I was also under the impression that Gol lost most of the games it previously carried to BEIN.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LNB Swap

Taking receiver on the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)