Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Hi guys!

I've been out of state for three weeks and I just got home.
It seems that all he PBS channels on 125 are gone... :(

Is it just me? My systems have all been unplugged from the power the whole time.
Other channels and other satellites are working ok but PBS seems to have taken a powder..

Did they all switch to s2 or something new and even more goofy? :confused:

Thanks!! :)

maybe strong winds knocked the dish out of aligment. pbs hd and v-me mux are still working in regular dvb-s. is it a fixed dish?. it is on a motor does it still get 123W?.

Everything still there and good signals across the board

as hd fan said possibly the wind knocked it out of alignment

Oh darn! Ok thanks guys! I didn't think about that. My neighbor told me that some nasty storms blew threw here the other night on their way to trash some place in Louisiana so that may be it. My yard is a swamp so I'll see about it tomorrow when it dries out a little.

I'm kinda getting some of the channels but they are choppy and freezy and sound like robots having a malfunction.

Time to charge the meter up. One of you guys gave me some awesome tips on how to setup my bird dog meter so it would work best for FTA satellites and now I get to try it out.. :)

Thanks so much guys! :)

Is it a fixed dish? If they're choppy and freezing then you're barely off the signal and a slight tweak will bring it back in

By fixed dish I assume you mean does it have a motor or not. It does not have a motor. It seems to have resolved itself now.
There were some heavy storms while I was gone and my yard became a swamp for a few days. I assume the ground became soft when it was underwater and the wind must have pushed it off a little. When I got home the yard was still flooded so I waited a few days for it to drain then I went out and wiggled the dish a little. There was some give to it so I tried not to move it too much and really mess it up. I guess I must have wiggled it the right way because the next day when I tried PBS again, all my channels were back.. :D

I think that I want to play musical dishes again. I have the 1m lawnchair dish aimed at Cuba which I rarely watch and a 1m elliptical dish aimed at PBS. I want to swap them so the much larger dish is on PBS. The new change Montana made to S2 and the few other S2 channels are pretty sensitive and I am hoping the larger dish will resolve that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts