good activation phone number

davidmn999

Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
Hi folks... Just wondering if any of you know any good phone number where I can call and activate a Dish Network acount without been 30 min on hold... (I'm using 1-800-333-dish... and It sock... spetially after 9pm...)... thanks

ITK said:
uh...xxx*yyy*zzzz is the IVR line.No wait if its prebuilt and you dont need to make any changes ie youve got phone lines on all yer dual tuners.
Damn it! :mad: That number is supposed to be private.

REAL installers know that, and also know the number.

Now we're going to have yet another round of long wait times on it until this thread disappears. :(

EDIT: Thanks for removing the private phone number ITK. ;)

SimpleSimon said:

Now we're going to have yet another round of long wait times on it until this thread disappears. :(

That may explain why SBC installs didn't go thru today. IVR was too jammed up. :mad:
Very, very frustrating. Had to call in as a new customer and get activated under that option

webbydude said:
That may explain why SBC installs didn't go thru today. IVR was too jammed up. :mad:
Very, very frustrating. Had to call in as a new customer and get activated under that option

that numbers been backed up non-ivr for the last week. :smug

SimpleSimon said:

EDIT: Thanks for removing the private phone number ITK. ;)

I didn't mean to give a private phone numbre because it really isn't... as a customer, that's the phone number that apears on the receiver every time you have a problem...

Dish network should have one like directv, where you call and you don't have to go through any computers...

SimpleSimon said:
Right - and thanks again for pulling the number.

Guess some people should read posts a little closer. ;)

ya dont need to be a jerk! :smug

SimpleSimon said:

Actually, it doesn't matter anymore. If that 888 # is called, and there is no open work order, or it is not a retailer calling in, the call is automatically dumped back over to the main system. Only the calls with an open work order that cannot be auotmated activated get over to that call center. That is why I posted that same number a while back. It doesn't matter anymore.

ITK said:
ya dont need to be a jerk! :smug
I wasn't referring to you, ITK. You're cool.

Larry - I agree with your concept, but it seems that the phone system on that number is having trouble with the load, and too many legit calls are getting dumped - at least where I am. Note that a single 800-number can be routed to different places based on caller's location, so that might be why we're seeing different things.

SimpleSimon said:
Larry - I agree with your concept, but it seems that the phone system on that number is having trouble with the load, and too many legit calls are getting dumped - at least where I am. Note that a single 800-number can be routed to different places based on caller's location, so that might be why we're seeing different things.

Always remember that your milage may vary. Different areas are mor than likely routed to different call centers depending upon location. I usually get the Blacksburg, VA call center when I call in(when they actually tell me - which they evidently are not supposed to do).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)