Good Deal?

JTDeel

Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
Dish is coming out to do a reinstall(moved) and I purchased another 622 hd dvr for 399.00 . Yes I did ask was this for a purchase and he said after it is installed it is yours. Are they having some kind of sale?

JT

I purchased a 622 about a year ago for $485. I just moved too and replaced an 811 with a second 622 (leased). I paid $149 up front, got a $50 rebate and a $25 gift cert for the first bill. And, the bill stays the same. Pretty sweet I think.

It's always better to buy equipment than leasing it.

I have had two 622's go belly up. Replaced at N/C.. so it depends.
In general, I personally would rather lease than own when it comes to DVR satellite boxes.

It's always better to buy equipment than leasing it.

What a stupid comment. It is very very rare that it is ALWAYS better to do anything. It might be better for you but not for me. It takes a whole lot of months of $6 lease fees to add up to what it costs to own one.

Dish is coming out to do a reinstall(moved) and I purchased another 622 hd dvr for 399.00 . Yes I did ask was this for a purchase and he said after it is installed it is yours. Are they having some kind of sale?

JT

Unless you bought it directly from DISH Network under a special, its probably stolen because this is below dealer cost.

Claude, could it be a re-furb?

There is no way. My dealer cost on the 622 is $450, plus I got to pay another $8-$12 to have it shipped to me from my distributor.

Even if it was a referb and Dish was selling it as a referb there would only be a $20 savings, since Dish prices referb receivers $20 below the cost of new to the dealers.

If your buying it off of ebay, chances are its stolen!

i once bought a 625 on flebay for 150
supposed brand new activated then got call from *ish asking questions bout 625, i said i know nothing goodbye

claude, if stolen or whatever, why doesnt *ish catch this at activation?
bought my 1st 625 from you when *ish 1st made them available to lease

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts