Good Deal?

poeticrockyguz

Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
ok im not going to start this post like other people MAD about "NO NEW HD CHANNELS" im upseat about it as well.
Have been thinking about changing over to DTV because of this.

but this the good deal i got or is it ...

well i called dish to find out if any new HD programing was coming out soon and was told nothing new this month so i explained to the CSR that because of that i was thinking of switching, but had she told me that there were more channels i would reconsider staying and would have DISHIT'UP with a VIP722 for my living room, she said she was sorry but if i would not mind to be put on hold for a minute.......... i said ok...

she then came back on line and asked me plainly if i like the dish service besides the HD problem i was calling about..
i said yes i been a customer for over 5 years. she then said that she just spoke to her supervisor about my problem and he said if he gave me the VIP722 for free with free installation would i be happy to stay?
i said free receiver and free installation she said yes the fee for a new receiver would be waved and the installation fee as well,
but the only thing is that this receiver would be leased and that my bill will go up about 8 bucks total for add receiver fee and some other fee i forgot which one and i will be committed for 24 months and if i disconnected service i will owe them 10 a month for the remainder of commitment. so i told her if she can get her supervisor on the line and confirm what she said that ill stay...
so he got on and told me the same thing then i said ok lets do this...

so i guess complaining to dish about hd channels payed off.. or should have i asked for more??? now i just have to sit around and wait for new hd channels with my new VIP722 . tec coming out Monday 18 07,between 12pm and 5pm...

hope they didn't pull my leg....

so did i get a deal or did they pull a wool over my head?

You got a good deal, plus Dish has got you for 24 months, so they got a good deal. I don't think you will be sorry. They also sent me one for free so I think they have been pretty good to me. They also like the 150.00 per month I am paying them.

Its a good deal. Besides, if you didn't have the 622 already or never experienced it (or the 722), I would say you got a great deal. I love my 722. I had to pay 150 for mine with a 100MIR. So I ended up paying 50 for mine, but it was only an 18month contract.

Either way, it is a great box that you will not regret picking up.

cool at least i ain't the only one, i have a 622 already. hope people can do the same if they want a new hd receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts