Good evening

johnissoevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
Erie, PA
I'm new to this forum. I currently reside in Northwest Pennsylvania. I just switched from Time Warner Cable to Dish Network last week, and I'm loving it. I'm subscribed to America's Top 250 along with two Superstations. The two supers I have are WWOR 9 and WPIX 11 (I'm originally from NJ, so of course, it was only natural that I added two hometown stations that I could get with no waivers). I'm loving that I actually have the native version of WWOR and not that Syndex law-altered feed that Eastern Microwave used to uplink so many years ago (you couldn't even go to Atlantic City or near Philly without having to settle for "WWOR EMI Service unless you had a good antenna). Here's to hoping that I won't be encountering blackouts on WPIX's Mets broadcasts this year, but if they are blacked out, I can live with it. I'm also enjoying the other channels that Dish is offering. I look forward to participating in the discussions on this forum. :)

Hi! Welcome to DISH Network and Satelliteguys.us! If you enjoy talking about TV and enjoy DISH Network, you'll fit right in around here! You'll also get tons of help with whatever you need regarding DISH and the like, with the vets that reside here, and the new DISH tech support representatives.

Looking forward to seeing more of you :) .

welcome :wave

The Mets games are not blacked out on WPIX. I use to have WPIX too (they included it with my locals as we had no CW) and they werent blacked out
If there are still Yanks games on WWOR they arent blacked out either

and WOR EMI has been gone for a while ;)

welcome :wave

The Mets games are not blacked out on WPIX. I use to have WPIX too (they included it with my locals as we had no CW) and they werent blacked out
If there are still Yanks games on WWOR they arent blacked out either

That's too bad about the Yankees, Derek Jeter and A-Roid would look much better not being able to show up on the screen, lol.

and WOR EMI has been gone for a while ;)

I remember living in the NYC area at the time when that feed went bye bye, I read about it in the paper. The only loss there IMO was BJ and the Bear plus the Mets games being available nationally. I actually find myself thanking AEC and Discovery for getting that feed terminated, otherwise, we probably wouldn't be seeing the NYC feed on Dish right now, just EMI. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)