Good experience with a CSR

Briant73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Pennsylvania
I figured that in the past I was always quick to point out when Dish service was below par I should be fair and post when it is excellent.

I called today about a bug with my 625 and error message 004 popping up a lot. The CSR was very nice, asked for me to do things and then instead of giving me the old line of reboot, run 2 check switches and call me in the morning, decided to check for internal notes and found one detailing the problem. Seems with some receivers and the dish twin switch it's a common problem. She then said hold on while I check your receiver status. I was like ok what screen do you want me to proceed to, she said none I'm checking the last status your system sent to us. I was like "You're getting status updates from the receiver" and she said "Yes from the phone connections", I am so glad they are finally using the phone connection for something useful. She said the ethernet connection isn't configure to do all the reporting yet, but it's in the works.

So I said how I'm thinking of going to an HD unit and asked her to check on the same problem and she came back with no known reports for the 622/722 units. I said let's go that route and see if the problem goes away.

So instead of going through tons of tests and menus, and repeating myself, I just talked to a tech who used the tools on their end and was very pleasant to deal with. Let's hope I'm still smiling when my 722 is supposed to be setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts