Good experience with Dish CSR

skottey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Denver Metro, CO
I had one of my better experiences with Dish network last night, while scheduling my cancellation of service. I went ahead and turned it off at the end of this billing cycle. The lady was real nice about "If you ever want to come back...." and was not pushy with trying to retain me. She acted concerned and documented my reasons for leaving.

I then called BHN to get pricing on adding Starz and other items back that I had previously been carrying with Dish. I had entertained the idea of TMC, you know, thinking they might offer some deal, but nope, they wouldn't budge from the $12.95 for four channels of TMC and On Demand. This is insane. Anybody that knows TMC would agree that it should either be packaged with Showtime OR packaged in with the Encore movie pack that includes Fox Movie Channel for like $3.95 a month. Standing on its own feet, TMC should be priced at the B-Rate price of $3.95 or $.4.95 a month. It is simply not up there with HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/Starz.. it is B-Rate like the Encore movie pack.. they should just put it in with those Encores and Fox Movie Channel and they could get $9.99 for all those channels.

So I will be skipping TMC all together. I'll add Starz back ($11.95) and the movie pack ($3.95). I want the NHL Network so I will pay the $2.99 for the sports pack that includes other channels I will never watch. I may or may not add the $6 HD pack, which currently only contains HDNet 1/2, Mojo, and Universal. I am assuming they will add more channels since ESPN1/2 went free with an HD receiver.

So basically I'll have everything but TMC, like I had before I had Dish installed and thought I was living it up with all that HD including the then wonderful Monsters HD. Now cable is finally moving on the HD front, so I am happy.

So it is finally done guys.. I called and scheduled my cancel. My bitching is over, haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)