Goodell: Superbowl in London?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think it's a good idea for the NFL to grow its brand worldwide. I'm not expecting them to "pass along the savings" after they sell a bunch of jerseys to kids in England but if revenues go up the salary cap figure will go up as well. The more that happens, the less likely we see a strike or a lockout next time the CBA comes up for renewal. Did you know that basketball players make more money on average? That to me is wrong.

I find it really funny that the article talks about growing interest in American Rules Football in Europe only months after the NFL pulled the plug on NFL Europe. And that came about because the NFL rescued the failing WLAF (World League of American Football) from bankruptcy by shutting down the US teams and keeping the European teams as a "minor league" system.

If there really was interest in American Football in Europe, the league would have grown, not folded!

See ya
Tony

Did you boycott the World Series when Toronto won it in '92 and '93?
Immaterial, as the World Series is a home & away series, not a selected neutral site as is the NFL.

The Rogers Centre is the home stadium of the Blue Jays, so MLB rules required games to be there, same as they required them to be in Atlanta & Philadelphia for those same mentioned series.

Since the NFL actually selects a site for the Super Bowl, it's a different discussion.

IMO, a Super Bowl game in London would be disastrous. London is 5 hours ahead of the Eastern Time Zone. They would have to start the game around midnight to accommodate Eastern Time, and a tape delayed game would be disastrous for ratings, as in the internet world everyone would know the results prior to the game.

I agree... I am not saying it did not help. I go to Detroit often, and remember all the construction on Woodward ave. and other parts of Downtown to get it ready for the Superbowl.

But have you been there recently? Its back to the same way it was before. The only difference is the streets and building faces look better.

You have to go there when there is not a Tigers game, a Lions game or an event at the Fox. Then it is scary to be down there. Even Greek Town is getting scary to walk down lately.

If you are down there for a game then there are plenty of cops walking around and enough of a crowd, where there is much more safety.

I live three miles from downtown. I'm there often. Never felt scared there, or for that matter hardly anywhere in Detroit. Maybe because Hamtramck is completely surrounded by Detroit, I'm just used to it. Still think it's better down there than before SB XL. Statistically it's the safest area in Detroit.

That guy has been wanting a franchise in Toronto for a while now and I don't think the league would approve a move there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)